Windows 10: computer won

Discus and support computer won in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my computer is still trying to install my old windows 10 after failed update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CareyPaterson1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. computer won

my computer is still trying to install my old windows 10 after failed update

:)

CareyPaterson1, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jan 7, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

computer won

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

computer won

1. computer won - Similar Threads - computer won

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  6. Computer won*'t start IF i connect 6 displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won*'t start IF i connect 6 displays: Hello, everyone, suddenly my computer won't boot properly if i have all 6 displays connected. I have re-installed both of the graphic cards Radeon hd 7700, new hard disk and fresh windows 10 installed. The only way to start it up is with 1 screen only and only than i can...
  7. Last update this week ruined my computer won`t load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last update this week ruined my computer won`t load: This week`s update ruined my windows. It starts up and cannot repair itself then shuts down. I tried downloading a bootable usb and it is stuck at 98% prior to completion. This is complete failure, I need the computer to work all my information is supposedly backed up to one...
  8. 1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!: I got this problem that my Hard drive is not been seen by my laptop.I have tried many different ways solving it but it didn`t work once.I have tried to change the letter, to format it, to turn it online but nothing works because i can`t accesse it and it show up as gray.When...
  9. 1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!: I got this problem that my Hard drive is not been seen by my laptop.I have tried many different ways solving it but it didn`t work once.I have tried to change the letter, to format it, to turn it online but nothing works because i can`t accesse it and it show up as gray.When...
  10. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?: Hi! so I have a question about something I did the other night. I was going to move my PC but before that, I had to shut it down. when choosing if I wanted to restart or shut down it said ``shut down and update´´. I pressed it and my computer went all quiet and had shut down...