Windows 10: computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

Discus and support computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating windows 10, I cannot log into my computer. Receive incorrect password msg for both signin and Microsoft account even though I can sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KrisSimons, Oct 24, 2019.

1. computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

After updating windows 10, I cannot log into my computer. Receive incorrect password msg for both signin and Microsoft account even though I can sign in on my phone and another computer using the same passwords.

:)

KrisSimons, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Oct 24, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 24, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hello,

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you always have the option to reset it for you to be able to log in to your Windows. We suggest following the steps provided on this
    article to help you sign in to your account and to your Windows 10 device.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

1. computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account - Similar Threads - computer won't accept

2. My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password: On closing my computer I had a message to update and shut down. Following the update, the next time I opened the computer I was asked to create a new Microsoft password. When I then tried to open the computer, it would not accept my PIN number and got an error message asking...
  3. My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password: On closing my computer I had a message to update and shut down. Following the update, the next time I opened the computer I was asked to create a new Microsoft password. When I then tried to open the computer, it would not accept my PIN number and got an error message asking...
  4. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  5. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  6. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  7. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  8. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...
  9. will not accept password in microsoft sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    will not accept password in microsoft sign in.: My husband had his computer repaired about a month ago. When it was returned it did not require a password to log in. After about a month the computer requested a password and it will not accept any of the passwords used in the past. How can he access his computer...
  10. My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....: My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and therefore is now locked. I have tried all suggestions provided, but none have succeeded. What’s next to unlock my computer?...