Windows 10: Computer won't boot after 1909 update

Discus and support Computer won't boot after 1909 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got a notice today that my current version 1809 was nearing end of service and that i should restart and install the new update. I'd been holding off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MightyBalian, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Computer won't boot after 1909 update

Got a notice today that my current version 1809 was nearing end of service and that i should restart and install the new update. I'd been holding off because i tried the update before and it wouldnt boot, at first, that time either but, after a few restarts, it did finally boot. Well, same thing happened this time but worse. It wont boot no matter what, this time. I've hit the restart button about 10 times, i completely shut down and restarted maybe 5 or 6 times. I've read a few tutorials saying to wait for the loading symbol and then shut down and restart, and doing that 3 times will put it into repair mode. Problem with that is, its not even making it to the loading symbol. Its not making it past the initial black screen.

Edit: Quick update. Had pc off the whole time i was typing this about 5 mins, turned it on, and then motherboard screen did flash up for a split second but then it was just stuck on black again.

:)

MightyBalian, Mar 18, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 18, 2020
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

4. tops Win User

Computer won't boot after 1909 update

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Computer won't boot after 1909 update

1. Computer won't boot after 1909 update - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Computer won't boot after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot after BSOD: I was downloading a game the other day and out of the blue I got a BSOD with the note System Service Exception. It said that it would restart after it completed gathering it's data, however; it never restarted. I went to restart, and it did not boot, including no fans...
  3. Computer won't boot after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot after BSOD: I was downloading a game the other day and out of the blue I got a BSOD with the note System Service Exception. It said that it would restart after it completed gathering it's data, however; it never restarted. I went to restart, and it did not boot, including no fans...
  4. Computer won't boot after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update: During an update I lost power. When I rebooted later it did a disk scan so I let it run. And today it won't boot up. Sometimes when I try I get a black screen with just a cursor, sometimes I get a blue screen with a link to Microsoft's stopcode help page and the error code...
  6. No boot after W10 update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot after W10 update 1909: I have just attempted to update my spare computer to the latest window 10 update, now it fails to boot. There is power on and the disc and DVD drive leds light then it just stops there is no video so I can't boot into safe mode. All was working well until the update with no...
  7. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.: Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was...
  8. Computer won't boot after latest update.

Computer won't boot after latest update.: Since the latest update when I start the computer it gets onto Windows and a small screen pops up with Personalized settings in it. That's as far as it gets though. I tried to go back to an earlier version, but it fails each time. I also tried to repair, but it just sits...
  9. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch normally, or...
  10. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update on Tuesday, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch...