Windows 10: Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment

Discus and support Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think windows applied an update when I last shut down my pc, and when I turned it on this evening I got the message "undoing changes made to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattDChem, Sep 12, 2019.

1. MattDChem Win User

Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment

I think windows applied an update when I last shut down my pc, and when I turned it on this evening I got the message "undoing changes made to your computer" which was there for > 30 mins. After reading around the forums I tried to put my pc into the recovery environment by turning off twice after booting. Now when I power on the pc starts up, and the lights and fans come on, but none of my peripherals come on (mouse keyboard and monitor). Does anyone have a solution to this?

:)

MattDChem, Sep 12, 2019

2. Windows Recovery Environment

Hi

How do you boot using a USB drive and enter the Windows Recovery Environment? I was told that there could be an error in my "partition" and maybe be necessary to do "REPAIR THIS COMPUTER" option.

Im running windows 10 1607 home 14393.2068. My bootable USB drive has w10 1709 version. would that work?

Can anyone give step by step instructions?

1. if I manage to get into WRE, can I exit? and boot normally afterwards?

beerus_king, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 hangs and turns off on Windows icon splash page and unable to boot to Recovery Environment

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with booting the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As you are unable to boot the device using ISO file, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

As you have already created a media creation tool you may skip
    Step 1 and try the below.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment

1. Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment - Similar Threads - Computer wont boot

2. Computer is stuck on the blue screen of death loop and is unable to enter recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is stuck on the blue screen of death loop and is unable to enter recovery environment: I recently attempted to restore my laptop Inspiron 15 3000 to a manual system restore point. It took 3-4 hours to do so, and then entered SupportAssist OS Recovery. It then restarted, but ran into something that caused it to launch SupportAssist again. After that, it has been...
  3. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment: I cannot get my Windows 10 PC into the Windows Recovery Environment. I followed the procedures offered in another now closed thread see below, but my computer does not enter the WRE. Is there an other way to get to the WRE?Here's the previous thread and recommended...
  4. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment: I cannot get my Windows 10 PC into the Windows Recovery Environment. I followed the procedures offered in another now closed thread see below, but my computer does not enter the WRE. Is there an other way to get to the WRE?Here's the previous thread and recommended...
  5. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to boot after entering recovery mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot after entering recovery mode: Hi I Wanted to remove Kaspersky Total Security which I could not remove from Windows so I shift clicked restart and entered recovery mode then selected Safe mode but saw an Error about not being able to enter safe mode. After that I can't enter Windows. I tried to remove safe...
  7. BSOD after updating bios. could not boot anymore or enter recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after updating bios. could not boot anymore or enter recovery environment: I now totally regret the decision of updating bios, following the suggestion of Lenovo Vantage. Since May the update of Windows 10 has significantly slowed down my slightly over 1 year old IdeaPad 730S. I thought the update of BIOS is likely the fix. Well, I've entered the...
  8. pc always boots at recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc always boots at recovery environment: hi, I am using windows 10 version 2004 on HP laptop. my pc always boots at recovery environment. i don't know why. how can i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-always-boots-at-recovery-environment/16f5daa2-70f2-4c30-b49c-2bac4f63ef4b
  9. Booting to recovery environment

Booting to recovery environment: Please tell how to boot to recovery environment to solve trouble shoot error in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-to-recovery-environment/da240ec1-b957-44db-88b1-dd365e20bfe2
  10. "Could not find the recovery environment" on attempt to reset PC

"Could not find the recovery environment" on attempt to reset PC: Hello! I'm trying to reset my PC in hopes that it will fix some issues i'm having with games, however whenever I try to reset my PC it says "Could not find the recovery environment". It says to insert my windows installation or recovery media, but I got windows 10 from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont enter winre