Windows 10: computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

Discus and support computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidMartineau1, Jan 2, 2022.

1. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector. but windows did not show any of my WIFI roasters so i tried to restart it and now the usb ports don't work and i can't get a single on my monitor.

:)

DavidMartineau1, Jan 2, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Sharief K Win User

computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

Computer wont boot

Hi Scott,

I suggest you to do a startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

Here is the link to create Windows 10 ISO:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use installation or recovery media to get to startup settings:

• Insert the USB drive or DVD and restart your PC. If you’re using recovery media, skip the next step.

• On the Install Windows page, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this page, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check out info from your PC manufacturer on how to change
      boot order and then try again.)

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer to desktop.
    For more information on recovery options in Windows 10, refer to the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

1. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - computer wont boot

2. PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up: I just built my own pc with a AMD 5600x cpu, AMD 6700xt gpu, 970 Evo plus m.2 ssd, 16x2 ram, and a TUF B550-PLUS wifi II motherboard. The first time I booted up my pc, I installed Windows 11 with a USB thumb drive and managed to finish setting it up. However, while I was...
  3. PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up: I just built my own pc with a AMD 5600x cpu, AMD 6700xt gpu, 970 Evo plus m.2 ssd, 16x2 ram, and a TUF B550-PLUS wifi II motherboard. The first time I booted up my pc, I installed Windows 11 with a USB thumb drive and managed to finish setting it up. However, while I was...
  4. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.: I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer. I had various difficulties with this along the way. Now I have a problem where Windows 10 crashes my computer during setup. I'm able to get to the point where this is audio that says "I am Cortana...". Sometimes I'm able to...
  5. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.: I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer. I had various difficulties with this along the way. Now I have a problem where Windows 10 crashes my computer during setup. I'm able to get to the point where this is audio that says "I am Cortana...". Sometimes I'm able to...
  6. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup: I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector. but windows did not show any of my WIFI roasters so i tried to restart it and now the usb ports don't work and i can't get a...
  7. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup: I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector. but windows did not show any of my WIFI roasters so i tried to restart it and now the usb ports don't work and i can't get a...
  8. windows wont boot after restart

windows wont boot after restart: Hi folks every time widows updates and restarts or I restart the pc I end up having to find a restore point that will work or reset the thing keeping my files. Why cant windows simply restart without screwing up? now the settings app keeps crashing what's going on...
  9. Windows 10 Setup Wont Boot

Windows 10 Setup Wont Boot: Hello I have an older laptop that has Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit SP2 and I am trying to clean install Windows 10 on it. I have created the the setup USB via the media creation tool but every time I try and boot from it I have a blue screen stating irql_not_less_or_equal. I...
  10. Windows 10 Setup Wont Boot

Windows 10 Setup Wont Boot: Hello I have an older laptop that has Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit SP2 and I am trying to clean install Windows 10 on it. I have created the the setup USB via the media creation tool but every time I try and boot from it I have a blue screen stating irql_not_less_or_equal. I...