Windows 10: Computer wont boot after upgrading to windows 10.

Discus and support Computer wont boot after upgrading to windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday i finally chose to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. I downloaded the guide to install windows 10 and let it download and install. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lukas Holm Mølgaard, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Computer wont boot after upgrading to windows 10.

Yesterday i finally chose to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

I downloaded the guide to install windows 10 and let it download and install. I chose the option to delete all old files. The installation seemed to go fine until it finished and rebooted. The boot was completely normal except for a windows 10 logo instead of Windows 7, so i thought it was working.

Then suddenly the screen went blue, and the top 3cm of the screen was a darker shade of blue. I figured that it was just a visual glitch so i let it be for a couple of hours.

But nothing changed so i turned it off and on again.

This time the same thing happened. Normal boot until the screen goes blue (the top 3cm still a bit brighter shade of blue), and this time the screen went black about 10 seconds after this (The top 3cm of the black screen is also a bit brighter than the rest)

Then i rebooted it and went into the BIOS, where i turned fast boot off. This time when i booted, i got a message saying that it coulden't boot properly, and gave me the options to reboot or go into advanced booting options. I chose the advanced options, where i then chose to reinstall windows 10, which i did. The exact same thing happened. It installed and started booting but the screen just goes blue and then black.

It worked perfectly fine yesterday. Please help

My specs are:

8gb ram

GTX570

AMD Phenom II X4 965

:)

Lukas Holm Mølgaard, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Computer Wont Boot-Up After Upgrading form Windows 8.1 to 10

Computer Wont Boot-Up After Upgrading form Windows 8.1 to 10.

Any suggestions?

ChrisGugler, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Computer wont boot after upgrading to windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Computer wont boot after upgrading to windows 10.

1. Computer wont boot after upgrading to windows 10. - Similar Threads - Computer wont boot

2. Computer wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont boot: My computer HP all in one pavillion recently crashed while I was playing a game. When I restarted, it kept loading a black screen for about 5 minutes followed by a blue screen saying the device ran into an error. I also get confronted by some messages saying hard drive short...
  3. Computer wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont boot: My computer HP all in one pavillion recently crashed while I was playing a game. When I restarted, it kept loading a black screen for about 5 minutes followed by a blue screen saying the device ran into an error. I also get confronted by some messages saying hard drive short...
  4. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup: I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector. but windows did not show any of my WIFI roasters so i tried to restart it and now the usb ports don't work and i can't get a...
  5. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup: I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector. but windows did not show any of my WIFI roasters so i tried to restart it and now the usb ports don't work and i can't get a...
  6. My computer wont boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer wont boot windows 10: I downloaded battlefront 2 and my computer bluescreened about 4 times after whenever i tried starting it. I have a ASUS TUF Gaming laptop FX505D. Then i tried factory reset. It worked for bout 10 min until it bluescreened again. Since then ive been stuck in BIOS mode without...
  7. Computer wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont boot: My computer seems to have died. An info message says: The Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors The message also gave me instructions to create a Windows Installation Disc, restart the computer, and click "repair your computer". I did this...
  8. No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and computer wont shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and computer wont shut down: I'm having a myriad of issues after upgrading to Windows 10. I'll list them below along with what i've already done to resolve: - Computer won't shut down. Someone told me to disable something with the Gigabyte process on the Motherboard, didn't work. I click on shut...
  9. Computer wont boot (even into UEFI/BIOS) after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wont boot (even into UEFI/BIOS) after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi all. I have had nothing but issues, since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8 (64). The installation within of itself was horrible. I got the continual flash on the screen, until I was able to get it into safe mode and recovered it. Then made sure drivers were...
  10. Windows 10 Computer Wont Boot or Recover

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Computer Wont Boot or Recover: I have an Asus computer x64 that was originally Windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 10/10.1, and have had no issues for over a year. I was running someone else's SD card to watch a video and I closed out the video and popped out the SD card. My computer then froze. So, I...