Windows 10: Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

Discus and support Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago while on the internet I received a critical error message and my computer restarted. This is all I can get out of it now. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bboma, May 27, 2018.

1. bboma Win User

Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

A few days ago while on the internet I received a critical error message and my computer restarted. This is all I can get out of it now. I have tried all sorts of repair options and nothing works. Can anyone explain this behavior? Here is a link to a video showing what it does: https://youtu.be/zEoSwLsjzp8

:)

bboma, May 27, 2018

2. dell tablet won't get beyond the dell logo and the circling dots

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the issue persisting after upgrading to Windows 10 or after installing an update in Windows 10?

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2018
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

1. Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing. - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  3. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  4. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't boot: Hello,My computer will not boot. I went and downloaded the Windows 10 installation media to try to repair or use a restore point to get back into Windows 10. Apparently my flash drive with the installation media is not booting my pc. I could really use some help. My pc is a...
  5. Computer not going beyond microsoft boot loader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not going beyond microsoft boot loader: My computer is not booting since I tried to boot windows off of an external disk I had cloned my drive to. When i boot into the external drive, it just said automatic repair for a bit and rebooted. Now when i try to boot my computer it says error code 0xc00000e: disk missing...
  6. Computer won't boot

Computer won't boot: Split from this thread. Mine is doing the same thing bought it today and it just turns on acts like it will boot up then turns off and turns itself back on on a continuous loop From another post: I've tried booting in safe mode it wont work like I'm not joking bought this...
  7. Computer won't boot

Computer won't boot: Dear all, For a while now, I've found that my computer would often not boot when switched on. The fans would start, but nothing else would happen. I recently fixed this by changing the CMOS battery, but I am still unable to boot the Computer from sleep. Again, the fans...
  8. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot: So I just recently bought a new m.2 SSD(from samsung) and a New computer case. And I already have a 240gb kingston ssd as a boot drive, but I wanted to switch it to the new m.2 SSD as boot drive, So i first started with copying the entire kingston SSD boot drive to the new...
  9. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot: I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails and I see "uninstall latest LCU failed - Error 0X490." Any thoughts?...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...