Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

Discus and support Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; A few days ago while on the internet I received a critical error message and my computer restarted. This is all I can get out of it now. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bboma, May 27, 2018.

1. bboma Win User

A few days ago while on the internet I received a critical error message and my computer restarted. This is all I can get out of it now. I have tried all sorts of repair options and nothing works. Can anyone explain this behavior? Here is a link to a video showing what it does: https://youtu.be/zEoSwLsjzp8

:)

bboma, May 27, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

dell tablet won't get beyond the dell logo and the circling dots

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the issue persisting after upgrading to Windows 10 or after installing an update in Windows 10?

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2018
  3. Syed Md Bilal Win User
    Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing. - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

1. Virus removal, computer won't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus removal, computer won't boot.: Hey guys, I have a big problem. I have windows 10. I have a custom built PC, I can go into the specs more if needed. Yesterday I downloaded a cinema 4D file from a trusted site. I typically download things from this site and have never had an issues in the past. I...
  2. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...
  3. Computer won't boot, get error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot, get error 0xc000021a: I went to use my computer this afternoon and it locked up and now I get "error 0X000021A" I have been unable to get it to boot into safe mode or anything else. It has an SSD and I have the original HD which I installed and the computer will boot to that. However it has...
  4. Moved drive to another computer - won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved drive to another computer - won't boot: Hi all, I am trying to move a drive with Windows 10 Pro x86 from a dell 755 to a 7010. Win10 boots fine when I put it in a 745, 755, or 780, but not the 7010. The 7010 is set for Legacy ACHI. All I get is a blue logo and the spinning circle dots. Does the same in safe mode....
  5. after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot.: ok so this morning after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot. i'm stuck at boot with the spinning wheel, i've shut it down and rebooted 3 times, now i can atleast see some kind of wizard telling it can help me to boot. so i go through the steps to do a...
  6. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...
  7. Hard drive won't boot on one specific computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive won't boot on one specific computer: I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-A5294 laptop computer. It is running Windows 10. I had the drive encrypted using Jetico's BestCrypt full disk encryption. Several weeks ago, I was using Windows, put the computer to sleep, and when I came back an hour later and woke it up, I...
Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing. solved