Windows 10: Computer won't boot even though there is an OS installed and the drive is detected

Discus and support Computer won't boot even though there is an OS installed and the drive is detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, Since yesterday, I have trouble starting my desktop computer, which won’t let me boot my SSD where I have Windows 10 installed.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Francesco Sabatino, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Computer won't boot even though there is an OS installed and the drive is detected

Good morning, Since yesterday, I have trouble starting my desktop computer, which won’t let me boot my SSD where I have Windows 10 installed.The problem happened right after I cleaned the inside of the computer with a small microfiber dust cleaner, I removed all my drives to clean a fan that was behind them, put them back, and after that, the computer wouldn’t boot onto Windows anymore, showing a “Please enter a boot device” message instead. I believe the cleaning to be the cause of this issue, but I can’t possibly understand what I did wrong. I did the cleaning tons of times without a prob

:)

Francesco Sabatino, Jul 7, 2021
  2. little cat, Jul 7, 2021
  3. brainpup Win User
    Laptop hard drive won't let me install OS

OK I fixed the MBR and now am installing OS, I split the 120GB into a 50 & a 60 and ran installed the OS to the 50GB.

it just stopped @ atiixpag.inf and retry doesn't do nothing.

Any suggestions ?

brainpup, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Computer won't boot even though there is an OS installed and the drive is detected

Hard Drive Not Showing Up In The Boot Order

Hi,

Since I tried to install VMware on one of my PC, the HDD is not showing up in the boot order but I can see it in the SATA device list. If I try to install Ubuntu Server or Linux Mint, the both OS can see the 500 GB drive and I can install the OS on it but when the installation is done, the OS, Linux Mint or Ubuntu Server, depending what is installed, won't boot because the 500 GB HDD is not showing up as a boot device.

Why this happen? I do a Google search but all I get is not what I search for or non somes forums, they suggest to unplug the SATA cable and re-plug it on another SATA port because the SATA port can be dead. I do this but it won't fix the issue, by the way if the SATA port was dead, why I can see the 500 GB drive on the SATA device section of the BIOS? And also I got the HDD may be dead, not possible because he is detected on the Linux Mint setup or Ubuntu Server setup ansd like I saids I can install an OS on it and he is detected in the SATA devices section in the BIOS. As I found nothing reveland on Google, I need help please.

This is possible VMware has scrapped the BIOS or the Hard Drive? I don't know…

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guillaume

guillaumesoucy, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't boot even though there is an OS installed and the drive is detected

1. Computer won't boot even though there is an OS installed and the drive is detected - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Computer won't boot after migrating the OS to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't boot after migrating the OS to a new hard drive: When I bought my desktop, quite a while ago now, I tried to spec it to be future-proof, except for some reason I only got a 256G C: drive. So, after being annoyed for quite a while with not having enough space I cloned it today. I followed the steps in this article, except I...
  3. Second screen won't be detected even though it's duplicating it?

Second screen won't be detected even though it's duplicating it?: I want to extend my display but it says that the pc can not detect it even though the screen is duplicated. How can I extend it? I updated to the latest driver and I have pressed the "search for newest drivers" in control panel submitted by /u/Mr-Scrubs [link] [comments]...
  4. Microsoft Family Features/Store won't detect Internet, even though it's connected.

Microsoft Family Features/Store won't detect Internet, even though it's connected.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Captain_Rick218 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1iizl/microsoft_family_featuresstore_wont_detect/
  5. Drive, Boot, & OS Install Issues

Drive, Boot, & OS Install Issues: Just bought my daughter a new laptop (Acer 5 Aspire). I've already exited S mode and now would like to take the 256GB SSD from her old HP laptop and install it in the Aspire as the boot drive instead of the installed 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD which I'll leave in place. The current...
  6. Boot drive is on SSD, but System drive is detected on the HDD (only 1 OS is installed)

Boot drive is on SSD, but System drive is detected on the HDD (only 1 OS is installed): I have Windows installed on an SSD, but as shown, the system drive is the HDD. This happened after I dual-booted windows and linux (with linux being on a partition on the HDD) and then removed the linux partition all together. This resulted to an inability to boot into...
  7. Troubleshooter Can't Detect Any Issues With My Microphone Even Though It Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooter Can't Detect Any Issues With My Microphone Even Though It Won't Connect: So I just purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad and I'm in the middle of setting it up so I can use it to voice chat and record things. The thing is, nothing will work when I try to set up a mic. There aren't any drivers showing up and the troubleshooting option on Windows 10 just...
  8. No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in: I switched off my pc during a 'getting windows ready screen' that got stuck due to the fact I didn't want to leave it on over night. The next day when I tried to boot it, it let off a loud prolonged beep and got stuck in the now very laggy bios menu. Some research online...
  9. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  10. OS won't boot after update install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS won't boot after update install: Hello I have a custom PC that I originally installed Win 8 but then got the free upgrade to win 10. Today my PC tell me that it will restart for an update, I couldn't tell it to restart later so a few minutes later it just restarts. AT one point it seems to get stuck after...