Windows 10: Computer won't boot occasionally

Discus and support Computer won't boot occasionally in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have to start the computer and hope it start normally every time I turn it on or I have to shut it down and try again. This usually cost me 5 or more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by loklokkkk, Sep 15, 2020.

1. loklokkkk Win User

Computer won't boot occasionally

I have to start the computer and hope it start normally every time I turn it on or I have to shut it down and try again. This usually cost me 5 or more tries.​

The debug cpu led always turns on so I reseated the cpu and reapplied thermal paste but it didn't work.

I cleared CMOS a several times but it didn't work.

When I try to run the POST, the debug led will move on to whatever part I'm missing, RAM when I removed 1 stick, VGA when I removed my graphics card, Boot when I remove my SSD. So I guess the cpu shouldn't be faulty?

Whenever I try to restart, the computer usually goes to black screen after passing through all the boot process as I can see with the debug led light.

I had BSOD loop before but I formatted all the drives and reinstalled windows so it shouldn't be corrupted files?

I had the recent windows update and ran sfc

Once my pc booted into Windows, everything works just normally without any problem, sudden BSOD or restart... etc.

What further information should I look for and provide for further investigation?

PC specs:

Mobo: MSI B550M Mortar

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Colorful GTX 1660 Super NB V

RAM: Team Group 2x8GB TED416G3200C22BK

Storage: Samsung EVO 970 Plus 250GBmy boot drive

Vi550 S3 1TB

WD10EZEX-21WN4A0

PSU: MWE 650 Bronze - V2

:)

loklokkkk, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Computer won't boot occasionally [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Sep 15, 2020
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Maybe I need to select another volume? I could be completely off. I'm not the most computer-literate.

Xjoejoex, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer won't boot occasionally - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  3. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  4. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't boot: Hello,My computer will not boot. I went and downloaded the Windows 10 installation media to try to repair or use a restore point to get back into Windows 10. Apparently my flash drive with the installation media is not booting my pc. I could really use some help. My pc is a...
  5. computer won't boot

computer won't boot: my computer MS surface book 3 stalled during the Windows update and would not boot. Displays black screen with MS logo. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/0226a2fd-aa82-4e73-8ef5-2e6de24b3164
  6. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot: Split from this thread. Mine is doing the same thing bought it today and it just turns on acts like it will boot up then turns off and turns itself back on on a continuous loop From another post: I've tried booting in safe mode it wont work like I'm not joking bought this...
  7. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot: Dear all, For a while now, I've found that my computer would often not boot when switched on. The fans would start, but nothing else would happen. I recently fixed this by changing the CMOS battery, but I am still unable to boot the Computer from sleep. Again, the fans...
  8. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot: So I just recently bought a new m.2 SSD(from samsung) and a New computer case. And I already have a 240gb kingston ssd as a boot drive, but I wanted to switch it to the new m.2 SSD as boot drive, So i first started with copying the entire kingston SSD boot drive to the new...
  9. Computer won't boot

Computer won't boot: When I power up Automatic Repair starts then diagnoses then says can't repair. Windows 10 V10.0.17134.1 D:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt Is all I know about this I just tried go back to a previous version and it said can't do that. Startup repair didn't...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...