Windows 10: Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

Discus and support Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion x360 running windows 10 and it will not boot unless I remove the battery and plug it in or if I reseat the battery. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mac Catanag, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

I have an HP Pavilion x360 running windows 10 and it will not boot unless I remove the battery and plug it in or if I reseat the battery. I don't recall any physical damage that may have happened to the laptop but it just started happening one day. When I reseat the battery it will be able to boot off the battery for a few hours, but if I try the next day I have to reseat it again. I can't find anyone else with this problem. Please help!

:)

Mac Catanag, Jan 21, 2022

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Lenovo battery

Hi my daughters Lenovo n500 will boot up when it is plugged into the mains but when it is unplugged it shuts down and will not boot up on battery I take it the battery is done, being a desktop person am i thinking right.

cookiemonster, Jan 21, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

1. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when... - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in: When I plug in my charger, the battery saver option is disabled. As my system charges to 100%, it shows as turned on and it won't turn off. How do I fix this?...
  5. Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in

Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in: When I plug in my charger, the battery saver option is disabled. As my system charges to 100%, it shows as turned on and it won't turn off. How do I fix this?...
  6. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...: I have an HP Pavilion x360 running windows 10 and it will not boot unless I remove the battery and plug it in or if I reseat the battery. I don't recall any physical damage that may have happened to the laptop but it just started happening one day. When I reseat the battery...
  7. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...: I have an HP Pavilion x360 running windows 10 and it will not boot unless I remove the battery and plug it in or if I reseat the battery. I don't recall any physical damage that may have happened to the laptop but it just started happening one day. When I reseat the battery...
  8. System Boot low when using battery.

System Boot low when using battery.: My Laptop is Del 5440. When Charger is plugged in, Windows boots up quickly. When using the battery, Windows boot is very slow. Why? Help me fix this error. Please. Thanks....
  9. Battery will not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery will not charge when plugged in: My Lenovo ideapad 120S will not charge when plugged in. It is a brand new computer and I think it may be stuck in shipping mode. I have unplugged it held the power button 90 seconds and still will not work. I have also pressed the reset button and that didn't fix it. Does...
  10. Battery draining when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...