Windows 10: Computer wont boot/start after installing new gpu

Discus and support Computer wont boot/start after installing new gpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre m81p with an i5-2400 CPU running Windows 10. There was no GPU in this computer when I bought it so I wanted to add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HenryWagner2, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Computer wont boot/start after installing new gpu

Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre m81p with an i5-2400 CPU running Windows 10. There was no GPU in this computer when I bought it so I wanted to add a little something to make the computer slightly more powerful. The computer did not previously have a GPU so I decided to add an AMD Radeon HD 7570. However, when I boot up the computer with it the computer's fans start for a second my keyboard lights up for a second but then the fans turn off the keyboard turns black and nothing happens.

Things I tried:

Updating the bios, that did not work

Installing the driver before putting it in, that also did not work.

Also, I know that the computer power supply has enough power it is a 240-300 watt power supply and this is a very low card. I also tried exchanging it for a new card as it could be faulty that did not work either.

To whoever helps thank you.

:)

HenryWagner2, Feb 6, 2021
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Comp wont boot..

i would guess video card. I dont know how a PC with a bad CPU would behave but i assume it wont boot at all. My advice would be this, disconnect everything from the board but the PSU, 1 stick of RAM, GPU and try to run it. If it still wont boot up try putting GPU in another slot or try another stick of RAM. If that wont help use known good components (RAM, GPU, PSU) and see if it will boot. Also make sure heartsink is seated properly as the person above said.

3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Computer wont boot/start after installing new gpu

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Computer wont boot/start after installing new gpu

1. Computer wont boot/start after installing new gpu - Similar Threads - Computer wont boot

2. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...
  3. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...
  4. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  6. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  7. Windows booting up slows after new GPU installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows booting up slows after new GPU installed: Hello so I am not sure whats wrong but the booting of windows is slower than usual after the new install of GPU, old was R7 200 series and the new one is RX 580, the drivers are installed, everything, the windows is on HDD. I am not sure if this is true, but because the GPU...
  8. Windows booting up slows after new GPU installed

Windows booting up slows after new GPU installed: Hello so I am not sure whats wrong but the booting of windows is slower than usual after the new install of GPU, old was R7 200 series and the new one is RX 580, the drivers are installed, everything, the windows is on HDD. I am not sure if this is true, but because the GPU...
  9. Windows booting up slows after new GPU installed

10. GPU not starting with computer but after Windows

GPU not starting with computer but after Windows: Hey everyone I am experiencing a very big problem. My GPU doesn't start till windows 10 login screen comes. Because of that I can't access bios and advanced startup options. Troubleshooting any problem is hard. By the way I have a nvidia gt 1030 and my computer is hp Compaq...