Windows 10: Computer won't boot, tried everything.

Discus and support Computer won't boot, tried everything. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had my pc for 9 years. Its a Dell, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 a year ago. It was working perfectly until three days ago. The computer started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimorAverbuch, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Computer won't boot, tried everything.

I had my pc for 9 years. Its a Dell, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 a year ago. It was working perfectly until three days ago. The computer started making noices, probably the fan, so I descided to shut it off. When I turned it on the computer won't boot.

After few atempet Windows started automatic repairing the drive and it said it would take a while so I left it overnight to repair itself. At the morning, the computer was off and when i turned it on a black screen with the instructions Reboot and Select proper Boot device appeared. Then it started showing blue screen with error 0xc000014c

I looked it up on the web and I tried to do everything I could find.

At first I opened the compter and cleaned the cables leading to my hard drive and the connection.

Then I changed the small battery in the middle of the motherboard.

It didn't help.

So I created a bootable USB, to repair Windows. I checked that it is compatible with my pc and I also checked that it is working on another computer. Now I'm having difficulty booting to this USB. In BIOS I checked USB ports to Enabled, USB legacy to Enabled, USB boot to Enabled, USB Mass Storage Emulation type to All Removable, In the Boot Device Proiority to Hard Disk Drive, then CD/DVD - ROM Drive, then Floppy Drive, then Ethernet (I don't have USB or removables in this list).

When I'm trying to boot to the USB through boot menu it pops Reboot and Select proper Boot device and when I'm trying to boot to the Hard drive it pops eror 0xc000014c. I tried changing the usb ports but it won't help either.

What am I doing wrong? Whay happened to my computer? And what should I do to save it?

If you have any additional questions about what I did or about the hardware I'll be more than happy to tell you, just ask.

:)

TimorAverbuch, Aug 16, 2019
  2. nmrm Win User

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

3. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Computer won't boot, tried everything.

I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Computer won't boot, tried everything.

1. Computer won't boot, tried everything. - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Laptop freezes on startup. Won't boot. Tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes on startup. Won't boot. Tried everything I can: Hello.Yesterday morning, I turned on my laptop I have a Dell Inspiron 17 and it would start to boot but freeze on the Dell loading screen and would not do anything. The day prior, my laptop lid had been closed, but did not go to sleep and kept running all day. That night I...
  3. Laptop freezes on startup. Won't boot. Tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes on startup. Won't boot. Tried everything I can: Hello.Yesterday morning, I turned on my laptop I have a Dell Inspiron 17 and it would start to boot but freeze on the Dell loading screen and would not do anything. The day prior, my laptop lid had been closed, but did not go to sleep and kept running all day. That night I...
  4. Computer won't boot

Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  5. Cursor won't move, tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor won't move, tried everything: My cursor is stuck in one place on my screen and only flickers towards where I try and drag it. I know someone had the exact same problem and received help on here, but I tried every suggestion given and nothing worked. I have tried using a different usb port, a different...
  6. Cursor won't move, tried everything

Cursor won't move, tried everything: My cursor is stuck in one place on my screen and only flickers towards where I try and drag it. I know someone had the exact same problem and received help on here, but I tried every suggestion given and nothing worked. I have tried using a different usb port, a different...
  7. BIOS Loop, Windows 10 Won't Boot, Tried Almost Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS Loop, Windows 10 Won't Boot, Tried Almost Everything: Probably not important but Specs: I5-10400F, B460M Gigabyte Mobo, RTX 3060 MSI, 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 RAM, 650W PSU, Stock CPU CoolerI dont know a lot about computers or Windows, so maybe I'm just slow but I cant find my problem anywhere online and I was wondering if someone with...
  8. Cannot boot windows - tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot boot windows - tried everything: Cannot boot windows Ok, so I went to turn on my laptop today and I got the BSOD. I noticed the other day that the keyboard wasn't working properly and my girlfriend said she tried to use it yesterday and the back-light came on bu the screen was black, but it did work after...
  9. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot: Dear all, For a while now, I've found that my computer would often not boot when switched on. The fans would start, but nothing else would happen. I recently fixed this by changing the CMOS battery, but I am still unable to boot the Computer from sleep. Again, the fans...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...