Windows 10: Computer won't boot, Unable to use keyboard on auto Repair

Discus and support Computer won't boot, Unable to use keyboard on auto Repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! So yesterday while I was browsing the internet, my computer suddenly began to freeze up and run extremely slow. After roughly 5 minutes of that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zupruh, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Zupruh Win User

Computer won't boot, Unable to use keyboard on auto Repair

Hello! So yesterday while I was browsing the internet, my computer suddenly began to freeze up and run extremely slow. After roughly 5 minutes of that, I was met with a black screen and really no other choice than to hold down the power button and force a shut down on the computer. Upon the computer booting back up, I see a Windows 10 logo and a small circular loading graphic that's spinning as if its loading. This happens for a few minutes until an error message appears "Unmountable_Boot_volume" and the PC automatically restarts itself. On the second reboot, I see the same Windows 10 logo but instead of a loading bar, its just text indicating the computer will now try to automatically repair itself. This is when the computer takes me to the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen on what I assume to be the repair interface. The problem is that my keyboard/mouse are not recognized or working at this stage, so I'm unable to select an option and progress. I've read that there are some possibilities at a fix or way to get the keyboard to function through the use of the BIOS menu, however any attempts to press "Esc" on my keyboard or any of the other functions such as "F10" for a boot menu results in an instant freeze of my PC.

I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion P6000 series. I've already done my own research as to what could be causing this and have tried a few things such as manually resetting the CMOS, reseating pieces of hardware, only plugging in essential cords (Keyboard, Monitor, and Power cable). and disconnecting the power to the Motherboard and reconnecting it.

This is my first post to any support forum or community, so please be patient with me if i've failed to include any important information. I'll be happy to update this with anything needed. Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

:)

Zupruh, Aug 18, 2015

2. windows 10 locks up on startup

Windows 10 locks up when booting up. Just dies. Auto repair locks up as well. Sometimes it

gets to a screen "computer language input" then sits there--no mouse or keyboard will work.

Sherryathome, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Nimmal Win User
    Windows 10 booting problem

The problem started with my desktop not booting properly. Initially I had to restart the computer 2-3 times and then the auto repair use to start and the computer use to boot up. But after few such instances, even after auto repair message appearing, the
    screen turns blank and the computer never starts.

Nimmal, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Computer won't boot, Unable to use keyboard on auto Repair

1. Computer won't boot, Unable to use keyboard on auto Repair - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Secure boot auto repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot auto repair: Hello I’ve been trying to turn secure boot on my PC for a few days now and when I turn it on I just get a loop of auto repair does anyone have any suggestions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-auto-repair/c9657a44-7ca8-465c-96d5-065d7a662a5b
  3. Secure boot auto repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot auto repair: Hello I’ve been trying to turn secure boot on my PC for a few days now and when I turn it on I just get a loop of auto repair does anyone have any suggestions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-auto-repair/c9657a44-7ca8-465c-96d5-065d7a662a5b
  4. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair Boot Loop: Okay so I have my Windows installed on Drive C:I also have a D: driveI was having issues with my computer freezing/crashing, eventually turning into a windows auto repair loop. So I go into the command prompt and use the command "bootrec.exe/ScanOs". It shows my Windows is...
  5. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Repair Boot Loop: Okay so I have my Windows installed on Drive C:I also have a D: driveI was having issues with my computer freezing/crashing, eventually turning into a windows auto repair loop. So I go into the command prompt and use the command "bootrec.exe/ScanOs". It shows my Windows is...
  6. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage: I've tried every troubleshooting step I can find online, even Microsoft tech support hasn't been able to resolve the issue I'm having. I had a power outage Christmas Eve and when my pc came back on, it had a blue screen asking how I wanted to boot so just hit enter on the...
  8. Auto repair loop/failure to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair loop/failure to boot: in past 2 weeks, 2 separate windows based computers fail to boot up and shows blue screen with unable to start message. Tried all of the options including attempt to install via downloaded flash drive with windows recovery program for windos 10. One machine- which failed...
  9. Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall: I have a windows 10 tower that I left on over night, i sometimes do that, and the next morning I woke up to it giving me the auto repair loop. Nothing in the menu under "troubleshoot". I put all the DVD files onto flash drives (no DVD drive on my computer) and then gave up...
  10. Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password: Hi, Is there any option to retrieve my Microsoft account password history in order to perform a troubleshooting/recovery of my Windows 10? I forgot my password and after the reset there is no option to use it on the failed PC since it's offline. If there is no option, I'm...