Windows 10: Computer won't boot up after factory reset

Discus and support Computer won't boot up after factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I factory reset my PC after getting a new computer but the second after everything was completed the computer is in a constant state of booting up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spatial Deity, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Computer won't boot up after factory reset

I factory reset my PC after getting a new computer but the second after everything was completed the computer is in a constant state of booting up, starts to load, abruptly stops loading, shuts off, restarts, begins to boot up, starts to load rinse and repeat. I cannot access anything in this state. Keys don't work, the mouse doesn't work. this is the error

The only solutions I could find all involve me not being stuck in this horrible loop of not being able to do anything but turn the computer off manually, so basically solutions that fix every problem except the one I'm having

:)

Spatial Deity, Jan 31, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 31, 2021
  3. zdaar Win User
    Gigabyte 6950 1ghz computer won't boot

I did reset the bios (with the old card, with the 6950 it wont boot to bios screen even)
    I didnt list it but my cpu is a core I5 540 2.6 with 2*2GB of corsair 1333

HDD irrelevent imho since a computer should boot to bios without one

zdaar, Jan 31, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Computer won't boot up after factory reset

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't boot up after factory reset

1. Computer won't boot up after factory reset - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  3. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  4. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that screen for approx. 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for approx. 20 seconds and the Lenovo...
  5. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that screen for approx. 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for approx. 20 seconds and the Lenovo...
  6. Computer won't boot up after BIOS save & Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up after BIOS save & Reset: I accidentally placed my computer on spilled water without knowing it. later when I turned on my computer there were error messages, and it immediately opened the BIOS screen before I could read it.I panicked and tried exiting BIOS and restarted my computer several times, but...
  7. Pc won't boot after factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't boot after factory reset.: I have a Lenovo erazer x310 and when i resetted it it wont boot. It shows the lenovo screen but does not go further than that not even in BIOS. The computer was working fine until now....
  8. Computer won't start up after Windows 10 factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't start up after Windows 10 factory reset: We just got an almost never used Presario CQ56 from a guy for doing some housework. I noticed it had some malware on it so I factory reset it. It got done factory resetting and it just went black. I held down the power button and it didn't do anything. What should I do?...
  9. Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up: I recently have been having so much problems with my brand new alienware computer. From my search bar not working what so ever to my disk defrag not even allowing me to clean my computer for a month now. i decided to just reset my pc and start over fresh (again) and now that...
  10. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...