Windows 10: Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation

Discus and support Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is the exact problem I am having.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Crimson H, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Crimson H Win User

Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation

Crimson H, Apr 29, 2020

2. Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation [​IMG]

Bald Eagle, Apr 29, 2020
  3. beelady62 Win User
    Is reimage repair a virus or malware, won t let me access website, threatens to shutdown my computer?

Is reimage repair a virus or malware, won t let me access website, threatens to shutdown my computer? How can I get rid of it?

beelady62, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation

Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows

I sent 3 different shutdown commands (1 at a time per boot) and 1 fails me which is needed for fast startup:

Commands:

1. shutdown.exe /t 0 /g
    2. shutdown.exe /t 0 /sg /f
    3. shutdown.exe /t 0 /s /hybrid

What they do and did:

1. Reboot and automatically login and lock (working as intended)
    2. Shutdown and automatically login and lock on next startup (working as intended)
    3. Hybrid shutdown with fast startup. This is the one that locks up my PC at boot. It makes it to the first Windows Logo screen and just stops. I have to hit the reset button (same as hold power button down).

What I've tried:

• Recreate the hibernation file: powercfg.exe /hibernate off && powercfg.exe /hibernate on
    • Rebooted and trying to make a clean boot up.
    • Looked through Event Viewer but only find the event that the computer was forcefully shut off. (not really sure what to look for)
    • I've already run DISM and SFC also.
    • EDIT: Just ran Memory Diagnostics and no errors were detected. I've also ran disk check which I do once every month anyway.

My Specs:

Windows 10 x64 1903 - Build 18362.239

xCONFLiCTiONx, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation

1. Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer: I start up the computer and enter the password to my account to sign in. Then the trouble begins.I can open a small handful of apps in the coming seconds. Like right now I managed to open File Explorer, Settings, and Discord. After that, I can't open ANYTHING. No matter what...
  3. Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer: I start up the computer and enter the password to my account to sign in. Then the trouble begins.I can open a small handful of apps in the coming seconds. Like right now I managed to open File Explorer, Settings, and Discord. After that, I can't open ANYTHING. No matter what...
  4. Windows 11 won't boot normally after hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't boot normally after hibernating: After hibernating, I wake my Asus FA507RC R7 6800H, 8gb ddr5 up, but something strange: The Asus logo appear on the screen, and the spinner start spinning one second, then the screen black, then the logo and spinner appear again and after spinning 5-7 seconds, I can go to my...
  5. Windows 11 won't boot normally after hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't boot normally after hibernating: After hibernating, I wake my Asus FA507RC R7 6800H, 8gb ddr5 up, but something strange: The Asus logo appear on the screen, and the spinner start spinning one second, then the screen black, then the logo and spinner appear again and after spinning 5-7 seconds, I can go to my...
  6. Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps booting up into recovery after forced shutdown: Hi,I was doing some light maintenance work on my computer HP desktop yesterday like uninstalling some programs to increase performance. when I was done I tried to shut down the computer, but it kept restarting. Even when I put it on sleep mode, the screen turned on after a...
  7. Computer won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up after factory reset: I factory reset my PC after getting a new computer but the second after everything was completed the computer is in a constant state of booting up, starts to load, abruptly stops loading, shuts off, restarts, begins to boot up, starts to load rinse and repeat. I cannot access...
  8. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown: My mom's computer suddenly won't boot. The system continually goes into the automatic repair process on boot, does a diagnostic gets a stop code of 0000011a or 0000021a , can't fix what ever it has detected then displays the shutdown option or Advanced option. In the...
  10. shutdown after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown after hibernate: hi Is my pc going to hibernate and then when i want to work afterwarts no problem. The problem is when i press the on off button of my desktop nothing happend. I can only sutdown my pc by the startmenu schutdown Why ? 82547