Windows 10: computer won’t boot up and i can’t access safe mode

Discus and support computer won’t boot up and i can’t access safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, my computer is having an issue where it loads up until the lock screen, i enter my password, and then after saying “welcome” for 20~ minutes much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickShea2, Mar 14, 2020.

1. computer won’t boot up and i can’t access safe mode

hi, my computer is having an issue where it loads up until the lock screen, i enter my password, and then after saying “welcome” for 20~ minutes much longer thwn the typical few seconds, it shows my wallpaper and stops loading. no apps, no search bar, no internet options. nothing.

ive tried pressing a bunch of buttons to get to troubleshooting mode, which none have worked. pressing shift + restart just freezes my computer for a little until bumping me back to the time and date on rhe lock screen. i tried creatinf a recovery drive, but my laptop isnt reacting to it.

anyone know a workaround? i cant even figure oit whats wrong with my computer cause i cant get in. its an acer swift with windows 10.

:)

PatrickShea2, Mar 14, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

computer won’t boot up and i can’t access safe mode

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

computer won’t boot up and i can’t access safe mode

1. computer won’t boot up and i can’t access safe mode - Similar Threads - computer won’t boot

2. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  3. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  4. Windows won’t boot including into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot including into safe mode: HiI recently built myself a new pc out of some old parts my friends gave me and some parts I had already one of those being my HDD that worked fine in my old pc and even worked when I first built this one. It posted and loaded into windows but I then needed to update the the...
  5. Windows won’t boot including into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot including into safe mode: HiI recently built myself a new pc out of some old parts my friends gave me and some parts I had already one of those being my HDD that worked fine in my old pc and even worked when I first built this one. It posted and loaded into windows but I then needed to update the the...
  6. Windows won’t boot including into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer won’t boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t boot into safe mode.: For whatever reason, when I select boot into safe mode from the restart menu, it just doesn’t work. My computer shuts off rather than restarts and when I turn it back on, it’s not in safe mode. It’s just normal. Anyone know how I can fix this? submitted by /u/Chaosmyguy...
  8. BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode

BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode: For the past week, my computer turns on then starts a cycle of blue screens for 5 hours straight then finally shows a boot screen that never fully boots up my computer. The cycle starts with turning on, followed by my bios main start up screen, then “preparing automatic...
  9. Booting up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up in safe mode: Not sure if F 5 or F 8 works anymore I can't get the system to boot up in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-in-safe-mode/17b87b6c-1dd6-451d-83c6-883be459f360
  10. BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode

BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode: Last night when attempting to boot my desktop I got a BSOD with the following stop code: Page fault in nonpaged area What failed: Ntfs.sys I have attempted to boot into safe mode. During the boot process I make it to the “preparing automatic repair” loading screen, but then...