Windows 10: Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

Discus and support Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for about a year now. When I built my PC, I only had one monitor and everything ran smoothly and fine but as soon as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kb1997, Oct 30, 2018.

1. kb1997 Win User

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

I've been having this problem for about a year now. When I built my PC, I only had one monitor and everything ran smoothly and fine but as soon as I added a second monitor there is a 50/50 chance that my PC will boot up with two monitors connected.

When I turn my PC on it will turn on but nothing will display on both monitors and I get a white Light (CPU) error code on my Asus mobo (strix 270-e). If I want to start my PC with two monitors I have to unplug one monitor, boot up, then plug in the second monitor and everything is fine. I use DP to DP and HDMI to HDMI so I know its not the cables.

Also, I originally had a GTX 1050ti and when I upgraded to two monitors the problem started happening. I assumed it was the GPU so I waited and then bought a GTX 1070ti a while later. Same problem is still happening so I know its not the GPU. I also tried moving the GPUs to different slots in the mobo and same problem so the slots are fine as well.

I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling windows and reverting to default on my BIOS settings and nothing happens. I have also tried configuring multi displays in the BIOS and that didn't do anything either.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help in advance.

:)

kb1997, Oct 30, 2018

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 9, 2018
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

nmrm, Nov 9, 2018
  4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected [​IMG]

tamo, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  3. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  4. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. connect 2 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect 2 computers: Cannot connect Computer 1 to computer 2 on same home network. Continual permission problems. Whhat steps need to be taken to get these 2 computers to talk to each other?...
  6. won't connect to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    won't connect to monitor: I moved to a new house and had to disconnect and reconnect my windows 10 computer. Now when I turn it on nothing comes up on my monitor. I hooked monitor to my laptop and it works fine. I tried 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. Any way of seeing if its a bad graphics...
  7. won't connect to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    won't connect to monitor: I moved to a new house and had to disconnect and reconnect my windows 10 computer. Now when I turn it on nothing comes up on my monitor. I hooked monitor to my laptop and it works fine. I tried 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. Any way of seeing if its a bad graphics...
  8. won't connect to monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected: Hello. Recently I have changed my GPU to Sapphire RX 570. I have two old monitors with VGA connections. Previously I used to plug my second monitor to motherboard and my main monitor through HDMI-VGA adapter to my GPU. Since my new GPU have 2 HDMI connections and im usually...
  10. Connecting 2 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 computers: I am try to connect a WIN 10 Home to a WIN 7 Home on the same network. I get a Windows Security screen titled "Enter Network Credentials" Great, I expected that. BUT, I am not sure what to enter. Is the Password the password to open the computer, or is it netwoek password,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont my pc boot up with 2 monitors connected

2. win10 wont boot when in targus docking station