Windows 10: Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

Discus and support Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. Recently I have changed my GPU to Sapphire RX 570. I have two old monitors with VGA connections. Previously I used to plug my second monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Powerofmad, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

Hello. Recently I have changed my GPU to Sapphire RX 570. I have two old monitors with VGA connections. Previously I used to plug my second monitor to motherboard and my main monitor through HDMI-VGA adapter to my GPU. Since my new GPU have 2 HDMI connections and im usually watching something while gaming on my second monitor I wanted to reduce load on my CPU and bought new HDMI - VGA adapter. Its a bit different than my other one. Once I connected second monitor through adapter I was able to see that two monitors were working on extended mode quite good but it only lasted for around 1 min. After that both monitors went off and were displaying no signal. It went on bootloop. I could see through both monitors while it was loading through bios and even while windows were connecting to user account. But once spinner with account name were almost finished boot loop started again with both monitors showing no signal once again. Basically I cannot boot my PC to Windows when both monitors are connected to two HDMI slots in my GPU.

Things I have tested:

Run both monitors separately for a few hours only on new HDMI - VGA adapter. Both monitors worked fine

Reset BIOS settings to factory defaults

Boot into safe mode then connect second monitor

Remove and reinstall video card drivers

Reinstall windows

Change HDMI adapter slots / change monitor slots

Update Windows

Take out GPU and reseat it again

Restarting multiple times

:)

Powerofmad, Jan 23, 2020

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 23, 2020
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected [​IMG]

Thema:

Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

1. Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  3. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  4. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. connect 2 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect 2 computers: Cannot connect Computer 1 to computer 2 on same home network. Continual permission problems. Whhat steps need to be taken to get these 2 computers to talk to each other?...
  6. won't connect to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    won't connect to monitor: I moved to a new house and had to disconnect and reconnect my windows 10 computer. Now when I turn it on nothing comes up on my monitor. I hooked monitor to my laptop and it works fine. I tried 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. Any way of seeing if its a bad graphics...
  7. won't connect to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    won't connect to monitor: I moved to a new house and had to disconnect and reconnect my windows 10 computer. Now when I turn it on nothing comes up on my monitor. I hooked monitor to my laptop and it works fine. I tried 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. Any way of seeing if its a bad graphics...
  8. won't connect to monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Connecting 2 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 computers: I am try to connect a WIN 10 Home to a WIN 7 Home on the same network. I get a Windows Security screen titled "Enter Network Credentials" Great, I expected that. BUT, I am not sure what to enter. Is the Password the password to open the computer, or is it netwoek password,...
  10. Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot with 2 monitors connected: I've been having this problem for about a year now. When I built my PC, I only had one monitor and everything ran smoothly and fine but as soon as I added a second monitor there is a 50/50 chance that my PC will boot up with two monitors connected. When I turn my PC on it...