Windows 10: Computer won't boot with video card installed

Discus and support Computer won't boot with video card installed in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an i7 desktop with an AMD HD 6950 that's been perfect for years. Suddenly a few days ago it locked up. Black screen. No errors in event log.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by basildane, Jul 24, 2019.

1. basildane Win User

Computer won't boot with video card installed

I have an i7 desktop with an AMD HD 6950 that's been perfect for years. Suddenly a few days ago it locked up. Black screen. No errors in event log. Rebooting it would lock up again as soon as the display started.

Safe mode works. So I checked the display driver. I uninstalled the AMD drivers and connected a monitor to the motherboard and it works. I ran SFC and checkdisk, checked all updates, everything seems good.

Downloaded AMD driver from their website and put the card back in. Problem came right back. Then I tried another card, an Nvidia GTX. SAME PROBLEM.

There must be a driver, from Windows, not the card manufacturer, that is causing this issue. Any suggestions?
    I'm on Win 10 Pro, build 18941... 190713-1700, 64 bit.

:)

basildane, Jul 24, 2019

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 24, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. nmrm Win User

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

Thema:

1. Computer won't boot with video card installed - Similar Threads - Computer won't boot

2. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  3. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  4. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  5. Latest update won't install and compute will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update won't install and compute will not boot: I have had this happen every few months with an update install...I update and restart my PC but it won't restart, I get the blue screen of death and none of the options for booting into safe mode, uninstalling updates or restoring back to a previous version work. I have had...
  6. Nvidia gt 710 video card won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia gt 710 video card won't install: There are no other video cards to use as replacements for broken equipment Unless we pay 4 to 4500 dollars for a professional grade video card or spend countless hours in front of an unnamed store like they used to do on black friday waiting for the video cards to come into...
  7. SD card won't display video files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card won't display video files: Windows 10 recognizes my camera's SD card, shows my jpeg and raw files, but video files don't appear. In the camera the video files show and play, but with the SD card in my desktop it shows no trace of those video files....
  8. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot: Dear all, For a while now, I've found that my computer would often not boot when switched on. The fans would start, but nothing else would happen. I recently fixed this by changing the CMOS battery, but I am still unable to boot the Computer from sleep. Again, the fans...
  9. New install, won't boot with new vid card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New install, won't boot with new vid card: Just reinstalled w10 to the latest update. Installed Asus 750TI with 6 pin power and the pc will <not >even get to the bios. Note: this is with the monitor plugged into the mobos video. IF I unplug the 6 pin the PC will then boot up. How exactly do I get this card...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc wont boot with video card in

2. video card windows wont start

3. evo3 video card computer wont boot