Windows 10: Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network

Discus and support Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I have an HP Folio 13 laptop. It works well, and I rarely have problems with it. But recently, I've had trouble connecting to the internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rebekahhh, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Rebekahhh Win User

Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network

Hello.

I have an HP Folio 13 laptop. It works well, and I rarely have problems with it. But recently, I've had trouble connecting to the internet.

It connects to my home network perfectly. Absolutely no problems, works how it always has.

But when I try to connect to any other network, it doesn't work. I connect to the network, and it says I'm either connected but don't have internet access, or it says it's connected fine, but when I try to open the internet, I get a message that the IP addresses of the websites can't be found. This happens on every browser I've tried it on. (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

Like I said, this happens on every network other than my home network - the one at my sister's house, the one at my university, any public one, even the mobile hotspot on my phone. I've used all of these networks without problem before, but a few weeks ago, they just stopped working.

I always make sure my wifi is turned on and I'm not in airplane mode. I've tried restarting my computer, as I said before, trying different browsers, switching the networks from public to private or vice versa, turning off the firewalls and security system, and all the troubleshooting steps both Windows and Chrome have given me, all to no avail. And I've kinda run out of ideas to try.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how to fix it? Could it be an issue with my laptop rather than with Windows? I'm just confused and frustrated, and like I said, don't know what else I can try.

Thanks in advance,

Rebekah

:)

Rebekahhh, Aug 27, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 27, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Castiel Win User

PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network - Similar Threads - Computer Won't Connect

2. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  3. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  4. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  5. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  6. Home Network not connecting with other computers using Microsoft logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Network not connecting with other computers using Microsoft logon: My home network does not work properly. All computers are running Win10 with latest updates. I have four computers on the network, but they don't all see each other. On one computer I use the Microsoft account login, and on the others I just use the standard login and...
  7. Home Network - computers won't connect

Home Network - computers won't connect: Since the Win 10 update to 20H2, my 2 Win 10 computers won't file share. In other words I see them in Windows explorer but when I try to access them I get the error I do not have permission to access the folders and C drive on DANNY-PC. The other says can't access DANNY-PC-2...
  8. Messaging to the other computer on home network

Messaging to the other computer on home network: I need the Win 10 home syntax to send a text message to my wife's laptop. Her computer name isasus_laptop and mine is jack-pc. We're both on the home network. Not sure what other information is needed. Also not sure if the command is NET or NET SEND. Both seem to be viable....
  9. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...
  10. Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network

Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network: We have 2 desktops and one laptop all running windows 10. I had to do a Windows reset on the laptop a few days ago after installing Malawarebytes 3 trial version. Since then, I haven’t been able to connect the laptop to either of the PC’s, or the PC’s to the laptop. The PC’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont connect to network

2. computer wont connect to any network