Windows 10: Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it

Discus and support Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 computer it is entirely wireless and therefore it does not need an ethernet cable, and it’s not like I have one anyways that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NaviSparkles, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it

Hi, I have a Windows 10 computer it is entirely wireless and therefore it does not need an ethernet cable, and it’s not like I have one anyways that is having the utmost difficulty connecting and staying connected to the internet.

You see, whenever my computer is inactive for long periods of time typically overnight or when I accidentally make it go to sleep, it decides it wants to disconnect and stay disconnected. It always says that there are no connections available, but everything in the house connects just fine. I have done literally everything to try and fix it. Reset the internet, restart and shut down my computer and turn it back on, attempt to update my driver physically can’t, I cannot connect to the internet and therefore cannot update troubleshooting is doing nothing for me. It has been like this for almost afull week.

I can’t even contact the help desk because I can’t connect to the internet. Which, is stupid. How can I get help if I need to connect to the internet?? Like, that’s one of the main reasons why people contact the help desk. Why do I need to connect to the internet to use a damn help desk, I should be able to use it without internet.

I digress, I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling my driver. Thats my last resort, nothing else is working. I’ve entered in all the fancy codes in powershell and nothing has worked.

When I troubleshoot, it says theres a problem with my wireless adapter or access point. Again, I have triedeverything to fix this and nothing has been working. If someone could please help me, I’d greatly appreciate it.

:)

NaviSparkles, Jan 11, 2020

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Jan 11, 2020
  3. brannell Win User
    Can´t connect to my Wifi network

Hi everyone,

I can´t connect to my Wifi from my desktop with Window 10. I had an ethernet cable before and it worked perfectly but now I can´t connect my computer to the router through the cable anymore.

For some reason it detects my wifi network but when i try to connect it says i cant connect.

I followed a few tutorials online of how to fix it and still didn´t work.

any help please???

thanks in advance

Ramon

brannell, Jan 11, 2020
  4. revdrw Win User

Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it

1. Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it - Similar Threads - Computer won’t connect

2. My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks: I can’t connect to wifi at all when I click on the network button it won’t even discover any networks. i can use Ethernet to connect to the internet but I don’t know why I’m not able to connect to the internet using wifi, I’ve looked and checked all of my network adapter...
  3. My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks: I can’t connect to wifi at all when I click on the network button it won’t even discover any networks. i can use Ethernet to connect to the internet but I don’t know why I’m not able to connect to the internet using wifi, I’ve looked and checked all of my network adapter...
  4. My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer won’t connect to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t connect to the wifi.: It disconnected last night, 08/25/22 and won’t reconnect. I’ve tried the troubleshooting and the device manager but nothing is working. I have a gateway, version 21H2, manufacture is GPU company. I don’t know if i have to take it in to get it fixed or it’s plain broke, i...
  6. My computer won’t connect to the wifi.

My computer won’t connect to the wifi.: It disconnected last night, 08/25/22 and won’t reconnect. I’ve tried the troubleshooting and the device manager but nothing is working. I have a gateway, version 21H2, manufacture is GPU company. I don’t know if i have to take it in to get it fixed or it’s plain broke, i...
  7. Wifi won’t work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi won’t work.: Today I was just on steam playing a game and my PC randomly decided to shut down, it beeped and ended up shutting itself down, it rebooted itself, I logged in and tried connecting to the wifi, I look down and I can’t see the “not connected to wifi” symbol, so I go into...
  8. Wifi won’t work.

Wifi won’t work.: Today I was just on steam playing a game and my PC randomly decided to shut down, it beeped and ended up shutting itself down, it rebooted itself, I logged in and tried connecting to the wifi, I look down and I can’t see the “not connected to wifi” symbol, so I go into...
  9. Wifi shows connected but nothing will work.

Wifi shows connected but nothing will work.: Im on my phone typing this so i cant give system information with a snap of a finger. However the issue im having is the wifi bars are full and im connected, troubleshooter cant seem to find any issues, and the status says im connected. i can however, run google chrome but...
  10. WiFi won’t connect

WiFi won’t connect: My internet/WiFi was working on my windows 10 surface pro yesterday and I haven’t ever had a problem before. The internet won’t connect today, I type in the password and it just repeatedly keeps asking for it. I have checked my rooter and reset it, which is working as my...