Windows 10: Computer won't continue from lock screen

Discus and support Computer won't continue from lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently updated an old pc q6600 and gt610 to the newest version of windows but after that update it asked to check the hard drive to repair it. It's... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DavidNeagu, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Computer won't continue from lock screen

I recently updated an old pc q6600 and gt610 to the newest version of windows but after that update it asked to check the hard drive to repair it. It's an old hardrive with partitions as it it is broken. Adter that check, when I boot up it it wont let me get up the lock screen, i cant even hold shift key to try to restart in safe mode because even if I get to click the power options button nothing will pop up

Maybe the only solution is a fresh install.

Thank you for reading :

:)

DavidNeagu, Jun 2, 2020

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 2, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Computer won't continue from lock screen

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't continue from lock screen

1. Computer won't continue from lock screen - Similar Threads - Computer won't continue

2. Computer lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lock screen: Hey today suddenly when i turned my computer on, on my lock screen my background photo was gone and instead there was a file looking thing with a white background. And now when i try to click or type something on my lockscreen, my screen turns black. Did i get a virus or does...
  3. Computer lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lock screen: Hey today suddenly when i turned my computer on, on my lock screen my background photo was gone and instead there was a file looking thing with a white background. And now when i try to click or type something on my lockscreen, my screen turns black. Did i get a virus or does...
  4. Lock screen won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen won't change: I've been trying to change my lock screen but whenever I do, the preview just keeps loading and the old image doesn't change when I close the settings window. What can I do?...
  5. Taskbar Locking continuously

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Locking continuously: My taskbar keeps locking which makes an issue when using Excel as it hides the tabs at the bottom of the Excel spread sheet. I have to have Task Manager open to continually restart Windows Explorer. I am given to understand that this will resolve itself with the new update...
  6. Lock Screen/Welcome screen won't change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen/Welcome screen won't change: Every single time i turn my computer on, i see this one picture, which i cannot change, even after changing the lock screen picture, which i can only see if i use Windows + L. if i set it to slideshow and select a folder it will still show this one picture in the preview even...
  7. Computer Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer Lock Screen: Hello, So I’ve had this problem with my Windows 10 PC where I log into my account, it bring me to the tab I was previously on, but then brings me back to my lock screen after a second. I’ve restarted it multiple times, but nothing I have tried works. Does anyone know how to...
  8. Locked Computer Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Computer Screen: I have realised that I have been scammed, thought I was talking to Microsoft about my computer being locked. Now that they have my information could you kindly advise what I can do to protect my computer from any further violations from these people. I feel pretty stupid...
  9. Screen won't auto-lock

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen won't auto-lock: Personalization Lock Screen Screen Time-out settings Screen: when plugged in, turn off after 5 minutes Sleep: When plugged in, pc goes to sleep after 10 minutes Require password on wake-up is checked. When left alone, the screen will never turn off. Any thoughts as...
  10. lock function is on but computer continues to start

in Windows 10 Support
    lock function is on but computer continues to start: After calling up the list using ctrl alt delete I check Lock. Everything was fine for a few weeks but now I hear the computer going out of lock mode at least once every forty-five minutes.I turn on the monitor and the sign in screen is up instead of the no signal advisory....