Windows 10: Computer won't detect mic.

Discus and support Computer won't detect mic. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago I got on my pc and realized that my mic wasn't working so I started to investigate and found that my headphones still worked when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LandonLupus, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Computer won't detect mic.

About a week ago I got on my pc and realized that my mic wasn't working so I started to investigate and found that my headphones still worked when I had them plugged into my pc through the headset jack but it won't detect that my mic that is with the headphones anymore. I plugged my headphones into the mic jack and it detects them but it wont detect any sound. For some odd reason though it shows that sound is made if the headphones hit something. I know its not my headphones problem because they work on my xbox and ive tried multiple headphones that all give the same result of, I can hear sound through them but my pc wont detect that there is a mic with them. whenever I try troubleshooting It says everything is fine and I have my audio drivers up to date. I have no idea what is wrong if someone can help.

:)

LandonLupus, Aug 10, 2019

2. Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Aug 10, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 10, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Computer won't detect mic.

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Computer won't detect mic.

1. Computer won't detect mic. - Similar Threads - Computer won't detect

2. Computer won't detect mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't detect mic: My pc- inspiron 3670, just recently will not longer detect my microphone with my headphones. I have tried troubleshooting and reinstalling my headphones but nothing has worked. I have my headphones plugged into the headset jack but the jack or my pc won't detect my mic with...
  3. My PC won't Detect any external mic input

My PC won't Detect any external mic input: Hi, My laptop (Acer | Nitro AN515-52) won't detect any external mic input(earphone mic, headset mic) aside from it's built-in mic. I've also noticed that these are the only playback devices displayed on the Recording tab on the System Sounds Menu. [ATTACH] Anyone got...
  4. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...
  5. mic not detecting in windows 10

mic not detecting in windows 10: Hi I have purchased a new mic (Iball M27). but windows is not detecting it. THe mbd model of my desktop is ASUS H10M-D. Pls provide solution.. I have tried with updated bios and drivers also...
  6. Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds: I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my...
  7. Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds: I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my...
  8. 3.5mm mic not being detected

3.5mm mic not being detected: Hi, I am running windows 10 of a gaming PC build, and my headsets mic is bad quality. I have bought a small microphone that connects with a 3.5mm jack. However when I look in the input device settings, it does not seem to show up. Do I need to set up the mic somehow and if so...
  9. Recording Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Mic Not Detected: So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not...
  10. iPhone detected but won't show in Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone detected but won't show in Computer: When I connect my iPhone to Windows 10 PC via USB it asks to trust PC on phone, but does not consistently show up in Computer or iTunes on PC, but shows in device drivers shown in Control Panel/Devices and Printers, and Device Manager/USB Ports. Have tried all different...