Windows 10: Computer won't do anything other than

Discus and support Computer won't do anything other than in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Helping a friend with his laptop ! When it starts up it goes to the 4 blue windows in the middle of screen with a bunch of dots spinning, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flashh4, Nov 26, 2019.

1. flashh4 Win User

Computer won't do anything other than

Helping a friend with his laptop ! When it starts up it goes to the 4 blue windows in the middle of screen with a bunch of dots spinning, then it flashes "attempting to recover installation" then it flashes "Undo changes to this computer" !
    Any thoughts on this ??

Thanks
    Chuck

:)

flashh4, Nov 26, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Computer won't do anything other than

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Computer won't do anything other than

1. Computer won't do anything other than - Similar Threads - Computer won't anything

2. My computer won't update anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't update anything.: Yesterday morning I tried to update my Steam app but it got stuck at a specific amount. Like 2,700 KB or something like that. I don't know what the problem is, could be my internet but want to make sure. I can't update anything else....
  3. Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos: I can't change the default file association for .jpg files. The normal routes don't work:Settings/ Apps/ Default Apps/ Enter a Default Type. When you type in .jpg, nothing appears in the "Choose default" field. In fact, nothing appears for any photo or movie extension....
  4. Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos: I can't change the default file association for .jpg files. The normal routes don't work:Settings/ Apps/ Default Apps/ Enter a Default Type. When you type in .jpg, nothing appears in the "Choose default" field. In fact, nothing appears for any photo or movie extension....
  5. Laptop won't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't do anything: Hi there i lost power whilst performing a factory reset on toshiba sattelite c50d and now i have this Select boot device message I have tried the bios trick and it didnt work also it says no ODD Just to make things better it has no disc tray either. Any help would be...
  6. My computer won't respond to anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer won't respond to anything: Hello, Thanks for taking your time to read this. My HP Labtop Windows 10 which is roughly two weeks old is locked up. It won't respond to anything even when I press the power button or caps lock. I am wondering what I can do. I saw a bunch of articles involving task...
  7. Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates?: Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. I'm on build 18363.836, but dosvc has downloaded over 40GBs today alone and it's still downloading. What could be that large that it's downloading? That's about as large as Windows 10 in its entirety. [ATTACH]...
  8. Master audio doesnt do anything other than mute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master audio doesnt do anything other than mute: I've run into a problem, my master audio doesn't do anything other than mute all sound. App audio isn't dependant on the master volume, so I can't change the volume of anything without manually going into the sound mixer and setting the volume of an app to a needed level. I...
  9. Can't Access Anything Other than Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Anything Other than Internet: I can't access any programs except Google which is on my desktop or task manager. When I click on the windows button nothing happens. Also I can't type in the "type to search" area. I have Webroot installed and McAfee which I supposedly uninstalled but is still popping up....
  10. Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Won't Connect to Any Network Other Than Home Network: Hello. I have an HP Folio 13 laptop. It works well, and I rarely have problems with it. But recently, I've had trouble connecting to the internet. It connects to my home network perfectly. Absolutely no problems, works how it always has. But when I try to connect to...