Windows 10: Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating

Discus and support Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built a new gaming computer. After I downloaded Windows 10, my computer started freezing randomly. After brief googling, I realized that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnishSaha1, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating

I recently built a new gaming computer. After I downloaded Windows 10, my computer started freezing randomly. After brief googling, I realized that I would need to update my drivers because the old versions of windows may have been causing it. Once I started updating it, I started running into all sorts of problems from hanging at 0% to freezing every time it reached 83%. I am very frustrated with this right now, and have not been able to update it for the past 4 hours. I have been a Mac user all my life and this introduction to Windows OS has not been a pleasant one. What can I do fix my issues?

:)

AnishSaha1, Dec 17, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

UPDATE: Mouse is freezing.

ONLY G400.

other mice working goood.

de.das.dude, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating

Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

Sooooo replace mouse?

Frick, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating

1. Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating - Similar Threads - Computer won't fully

2. Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish: Hey everyone. My laptop is trying to install 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375. However whenever I click to install the update my laptop keeps giving me a message that it will restart in five minutes. My laptop cannot...
  3. Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish: Hey everyone. My laptop is trying to install 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375. However whenever I click to install the update my laptop keeps giving me a message that it will restart in five minutes. My laptop cannot...
  4. Why won't my computer update fully?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my computer update fully?: I restarted my computer to install the newest update. But once it turned back on it seemingly stopped entirely, stuck on a blank screen with a loading symbol spinning. I let it sit for a couple hours, but nothing of note happened. So I tried simply turning it off and on...
  5. Why won't my computer update fully?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my computer update fully?: I restarted my computer to install the newest update. But once it turned back on it seemingly stopped entirely, stuck on a blank screen with a loading symbol spinning. I let it sit for a couple hours, but nothing of note happened. So I tried simply turning it off and on...
  6. Windows 10 update won't finish.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update won't finish.: When I check for updates, an update for antivirus pops up and automatically downloads and installs, but doesn't say anything about restarting the device. Then when it finishes installing supposedly, I check for updates again and it says I'm all up to date. However, after...
  7. Windows Won't Finish Installing Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't Finish Installing Updates: I am trying to install two different updates for Windows 10:2021-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003637and the quality update 2021-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5004476. After the computer...
  8. [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...: I've seen this rant quite a bit. Looks like Microsoft listened. You no longer need to wait for updates to finish after booting a computer from shutdown. submitted by /u/Scurro [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish: Hi All, I recently purchased a new processor. I swapped them out today. When I went to boot afterwards, Windows just kept spinning. I decides to just do a fresh install of Windows 10 since I keep all my important files on an external drive. I reformatted the drive from the...
  10. Is it mandatory to fully update Windows 10 before upgrading?

Is it mandatory to fully update Windows 10 before upgrading?: I have a customer's system, a Gateway NV73a24u laptop (AMD Athlon II X2 P340/4 GB/640 GB), whose hard drive failed due to too many bad sectors. Replaced hard drive with a SanDisk 240 GB SSD. Tried to clean install 1607, and it stalled on "Checking for updates" for days....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc wont update and freez