Windows 10: Computer won’t get past boot screen. Halp! Details in description.

Discus and support Computer won’t get past boot screen. Halp! Details in description. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sooo I recently rebuilt my gaming computer. I will describe the guts of my computer: MSI z390 Pro A Mothetboard EVGA 1080 FTW2 GPU i5-9600k CPU 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Big ZaddyNeal, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Computer won’t get past boot screen. Halp! Details in description.

Sooo I recently rebuilt my gaming computer. I will describe the guts of my computer:

MSI z390 Pro A Mothetboard

EVGA 1080 FTW2 GPU

i5-9600k CPU

2 sticks of 8GB ripjaws 3600mz

1 500GB SSD EVO Samsung this is the only original piece from a previous build, its 5 years old. This is where my OS is

1 M2 500GB this is just my D: drive with spare game installs.

Sooo I get all my parts in and slap it together.. about 2 weeks into the build the computer wont boot anymore. After some help with tech support theyre saying it could be a dead mobo.. so I sent it back for a new one.. get it back and now the computer doesnt get past the boot screen. I can get into BIoS and it detects everything, but it doesnt get past the boot icon motherboard icon. I dont get the spinning circle at all. Just sits there.

things I have tried..

one ram stick at a time in RAM slot 2 2 away from CPU to see if its faulty ram.

used several cables on SSD drive thinking it could just be the wiring.

removed GPU and put cable into motherboard slot.
    tried rebooting with no USBs plugged in.

made sure boot order is correct in bios

Could this just be a corrupt SSD that cant get to windows? I have exhausted all personal knowledge on this and its beginning to be frustrsting. My previous build was an Asus Rog Maximus Hero mobo, same GPU, i5 6700k cpu with the same SSD and had no issues for 5 years. Now when I switch to the msi motherboard it seems ive had nothing but issues. Please halp!

:)

Big ZaddyNeal, Sep 19, 2020
  2. MikeTyson Win User

Computer won't Get Past Boot Screen

Basically just made a new PC

ASUS P5LP-LE
    X1300 PCI-E
    2GB 533MHz
    Win Xp Pro SP3

all worked amazingly. uninstalled video drivers. windows did some updates before it shut down. shut down ok, then i changed the graphics card from x1300 to 7950gt, and it freezes on boot screen

switched back to x1300, still freezes on boot screen.

set jumper to clear cmos, turned pc on, freezes at boot screen again

then i put x850xt in, freezes at boot screen. removed 6 pin power connector to x850xt, get a warning that says "NO POWER CONNECTOR TO GRAPHICS CARD", so i turn off and connect it. still freezes at boot screen.

fucking hell, all i did was swiTch a graphics card, then when i put it back it doesnt care!!

WHAT !

seriously i spent all day fixing this thing up and now it just fucks me over, im so annoyed

any suggestions?

MikeTyson, Sep 19, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Computer won't Get Past Boot Screen

Safe mode and run driver sweeper

NdMk2o1o, Sep 19, 2020
  4. nmrm Win User

Computer won’t get past boot screen. Halp! Details in description.

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

Thema:

Computer won’t get past boot screen. Halp! Details in description.

1. Computer won’t get past boot screen. Halp! Details in description. - Similar Threads - Computer won’t past

2. I keep getting blue screen errors with the following description in the Problem Details:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting blue screen errors with the following description in the Problem Details:: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffe3014782ee70, 0xffffa688ee041000, 0xfffff807064279fa. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021924-7156-01.dmp. Report Id: 9a6b0bd8-1ef5-4a02-a838-21cd9c370bde.Minidump...
  3. I keep getting blue screen errors with the following description in the Problem Details:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting blue screen errors with the following description in the Problem Details:: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffe3014782ee70, 0xffffa688ee041000, 0xfffff807064279fa. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021924-7156-01.dmp. Report Id: 9a6b0bd8-1ef5-4a02-a838-21cd9c370bde.Minidump...
  4. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  5. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  6. Computer won’t go past black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t go past black screen: This is my second build of a of but my 3rd rebuild of this specific pc. I rebuilt the pc. Updated chipset drivers and redownloaded icue and steam. I was playing games fine this time no issues so I decided to take the plunges and try to update windows. Windows seems to be the...
  7. Computer won’t go past black screen

Computer won’t go past black screen: This is my second build of a of but my 3rd rebuild of this specific pc. I rebuilt the pc. Updated chipset drivers and redownloaded icue and steam. I was playing games fine this time no issues so I decided to take the plunges and try to update windows. Windows seems to be the...
  8. Windows won’t boot getting boot manager screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won’t boot getting boot manager screen: I’ve tried to multiple different avenues to boot the computer changed the uefi settings have done the startup repair from instillation media sfc verify found validation errors. Any help on how to recover the system....
  9. Windows won’t boot getting boot manager screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot getting boot manager screen: I’ve tried to multiple different avenues to boot the computer changed the uefi settings have done the startup repair from instillation media sfc verify found validation errors. Any help on how to recover the system....
  10. Windows won’t boot getting boot manager screen