Windows 10: Computer won't load past start up screen

Discus and support Computer won't load past start up screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new here. Sorry for posing another thread but I couldn't find one similar enough to my question. Anyway, my laptop began moving incredibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lannyad, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Lannyad Win User

Computer won't load past start up screen

Hello, I'm new here. Sorry for posing another thread but I couldn't find one similar enough to my question. Anyway, my laptop began moving incredibly slow last night, like the cursor would hardly move and it sounded like it was running extra hard. I turned it off and this morning it won't load past the start up screen. And still, the windows loading icon spins incredibly slow.

Eventually it goes to a black screen for some time, then the automatic repair icon appears, then "diagnosing your pc". It made it past that once and got to the advanced option screen but was moving so slowly that I couldn't click on anything.

Not really sure what to do! Anyone have an idea? Thank you!

:)

Lannyad, Nov 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 Reinstall

Hello recently my computer was heating up very hot and started crashing on me. It would not load up windows 10 without it asking to repair and what not on the blue screen. I tried to clean reset everything but now my computer won't boot past the spinning
    circles. I have cleared my computer fans of dust and applied new thermal paste to my cup and it has lowered the temperature to around 60C. It still s constantly restarting. I tried to go into bios and load default settings and restart my pc but it still is
    doing the same pattern with no extra messages. I don't know if it is a motherboard problem or something else please help.

JonathanHlland, Nov 11, 2015
  3. ClaytonDC Win User
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't get my computer to open windows. , once it has loaded and should be opening to the desktop the screen goes blank.

Original Title - Windows 10 won't start

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't get my computer to open windows. When I turn it on I get the initial Windows start up/loading screen. Then, once it has loaded and should be opening to the desktop the screen goes blank and I am left with a black
    screen. With the volume up I can hear what seems to be the system starting up but the screen remains black. I'm using a 2-3 year old dell. Is it a problem with the download or the computer? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

ClaytonDC, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Lannyad Win User

It makes it all the way to the desktop but is still sluggish and then restarts automatically after a few minutes

Lannyad, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer won't load past start up screen - Similar Threads - Computer won't load

2. My Lenovo flex 5 won't boot past the Lenovo start up screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Lenovo flex 5 won't boot past the Lenovo start up screen: My Lenovo flex 5 laptop won't boot past the Lenovo display screen after I installed Windows cumulative update 1803. When I put it on it just displays the Lenovo start up screen tries to load and restarts itself... It repeats this same process over and over . Please what can I...
  3. computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer won't start up: My computer won't start up when there are needed updates. It keeps saying that it needs to be connected to the internet. Last time this happened l took it in and had someone check it. They were able to finally get it to come on and download the update and then it worked fine....
  4. My computer won't start up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer won't start up.: Help. I'm going nuts. I can usually figure things out but I'm stuck. It's a Dell Latitude E6400. It wasn't plugged in so I got a message on screen saying I was low on power and I plugged it back in but it still said lock or hibernate or both...it happened so fast. Hours later...
  5. Tablet won't load windows on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tablet won't load windows on start up: I have a Toshiba tablet with WIN 10 on it. Was working fine until one day I went to turn it on and I can't get past the lock screen. The keyboard won't come up so I can enter my password....
  6. Computer not going past loading screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not going past loading screen: Hello, i have an Acer Nitro 5 Laptop and just recently updated my windows 10, when i went to go and start up it would not let me and gave me a code. I automatically reset my computer and kept the files and now the code is reading “driver_pnp_watchdog”. Ive tried doing alt +...
  7. Windows won't load past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't load past BIOS screen: The other day my computer froze. I waited a decent amount of time and things like ctrl-alt-del weren't working. A hard restart seemed like the only option. I proceeded with the hard restart but when it came back on the motherboard title page popped up like normal but didn't...
  8. my new computer won't load up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my new computer won't load up.: I have an evoo 11.6 inch ultra thin laptop that runs on widows 10 . It has the lights on it when i press the power button but the screen all it does is stay black. what should i do to fix it. i have had it for only two days....
  9. computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer won't start up: turned computer on just got though updating and it did something to computer I have windows10 but now it saying i have windows 7 i get a blank page and said personal info not responding...
  10. Computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't start up: When I went to start up the computer, It will not start up. The power indicator light won't light up. There is power going to the computer.as the light on the back is lite up. In July I upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Windows Ultimate 64 bit. It has 12gb ram and a 256...