Windows 10: Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes

Discus and support Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am new to WIndows 10. On my old WIndows 7 system, if I walked away for 10 minutes, the screen saver would come on and I would have to enter my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pacman45, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Pacman45 Win User

Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes

I am new to WIndows 10. On my old WIndows 7 system, if I walked away for 10 minutes, the screen saver would come on and I would have to enter my password to unlock the computer. I like that feature and want that behavior on my new Windows 10 system. Unfortunately, when I return from a 10 or 15 minute break, the computer display is turned off, but as soon as I move or click the mouse, or hit a key on the keyboard, the display wakes us but there is no screen saver and password screen. That is not secure. How do I get it to behave like my old Windows 7 system?

:)

Pacman45, Aug 4, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 29, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes

1. Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Computer won't lock

2. Random system crashes whether it's in use or when I step away. Computer restarts/reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random system crashes whether it's in use or when I step away. Computer restarts/reboots.: Hi guys I hope someone can help as this has been incredibly annoying and I have no clue how to distinguish the crash purpose, sometimes my computer restarts on it's own and I know it is due to the crash even if I am away from my computer. It is VERY similar to this...
  3. Random system crashes whether it's in use or when I step away. Computer restarts/reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random system crashes whether it's in use or when I step away. Computer restarts/reboots.: Hi guys I hope someone can help as this has been incredibly annoying and I have no clue how to distinguish the crash purpose, sometimes my computer restarts on it's own and I know it is due to the crash even if I am away from my computer. It is VERY similar to this...
  4. Random system crashes whether it's in use or when I step away. Computer restarts/reboots.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away: The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?...
  6. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away: The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?...
  7. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.: I have facial recognition enabled. However, it dims then locks too quickly when I look away from the screen.I can't seem to find these settings to delay that dim and lock. It wasn't in the power display settings.Other then that I do like this feature.Any help finding...
  9. Computer crashes everytime i am away for more than 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashes everytime i am away for more than 10 minutes: So yeah the title basically says it all. I have windows 10 and I dont experience that many problems whenever i am using the computer. However if I leave my computer to cook or go to the toilet or whatever, it has crashed when i return. There is just a big blue screen, saying...
  10. how to unlock windows when I step away

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to unlock windows when I step away: how to delete dynamic lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-windows-when-i-step-away/e80f6d9d-9b04-42c6-9fac-36f2a16383e7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont lock

2. shortcute to lock computer when you step away for a few minutes