Windows 10: Computer won't perform after upgrade on Windows 10 - 11-2018

Discus and support Computer won't perform after upgrade on Windows 10 - 11-2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is not functional since the upgrade was done for Windows 10. Please advise on what I need to do to correct this...Thank you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarrisJLC, Nov 27, 2018.

1. HarrisJLC Win User

Computer won't perform after upgrade on Windows 10 - 11-2018

My laptop is not functional since the upgrade was done for Windows 10.

Please advise on what I need to do to correct this...Thank you!

:)

HarrisJLC, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 27, 2018
  3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer won't perform after upgrade on Windows 10 - 11-2018 - Similar Threads - Computer won't perform

2. My computer won't upgrade to windows 11 after getting an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't upgrade to windows 11 after getting an SSD: I have a Dell Inspiron desktop computer. I had been running windows 11 on it for a while. I just swapped the factory HDD for an SSD. I installed windows 10 onto the new SSD and was planning to upgrade to windows 11. However, my computer seems to think I have no TPM now. There...
  3. My computer won't upgrade to windows 11 after getting an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't upgrade to windows 11 after getting an SSD: I have a Dell Inspiron desktop computer. I had been running windows 11 on it for a while. I just swapped the factory HDD for an SSD. I installed windows 10 onto the new SSD and was planning to upgrade to windows 11. However, my computer seems to think I have no TPM now. There...
  4. Computer Won't Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Upgrade to Windows 11: I recently enabled TPM2.0 and now my PC meets the minimum system requirements of Windows 11, but the Windows settings app doesn't seem to allow me to upgrade, saying I do not meet the minimum system requirements.I tried restarting and checking for updates but it still says...
  5. Computer Won't Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Upgrade to Windows 11: I recently enabled TPM2.0 and now my PC meets the minimum system requirements of Windows 11, but the Windows settings app doesn't seem to allow me to upgrade, saying I do not meet the minimum system requirements.I tried restarting and checking for updates but it still says...
  6. Computer Won't Upgrade to Windows 11

7. Gaming Performance Downgraded after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Performance Downgraded after upgrading to Windows 11: I have a ryzen 3 CPU, i could play Gta online pretty smoothly on windows 10, when i upgraded to windows 11 my game fps got cut by half, it's literally unplayable at even lowest graphics, there was a L3 cache bug, but it supposedly got fixed, doesn't look that way for me, i...
  8. Gaming Performance Downgraded after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming Performance Downgraded after upgrading to Windows 11: I have a ryzen 3 CPU, i could play Gta online pretty smoothly on windows 10, when i upgraded to windows 11 my game fps got cut by half, it's literally unplayable at even lowest graphics, there was a L3 cache bug, but it supposedly got fixed, doesn't look that way for me, i...
  9. Computer won't start after upgrading to Windows 10

Computer won't start after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, since yesterday the Windows 10 version 1909 update, my computer will no longer start. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/0d536972-e553-4940-9b40-6eb41e571606
  10. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803: Hello , I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the Start menu it takes at least 30 seconds to respond.When I click on file explorer it takes more than a minute to open . I...