Windows 10: Computer won't read SD cards

Discus and support Computer won't read SD cards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have an HP Omni 220 PC which I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on. Before the reinstall, the SD card drive on it worked fine, but now it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chilistudios, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Computer won't read SD cards

Hi. I have an HP Omni 220 PC which I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on. Before the reinstall, the SD card drive on it worked fine, but now it won't work at all! The SD card I have still works on other computers, and changing the drive letters did nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Chilistudios, Jul 9, 2021
  2. Joe Men Win User

Phone is not reading the SD card.

Hello,
    Jeevan

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you Lumia 640 XL LTE is having issues reading your SD memory card.

There is a possibility that the SD memory card corrupted. Please try to perform a Scan Disk maintenance on it by following the steps below:

• Turn off your phone and remove the SD card. Use a SD card reader and plug it in to your computer.
    • Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
    • Right-click the SD card drive that you want to check, and then click "Properties".
    • Click the "Tools" tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    • Put a check mark on the "Automatically fix the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    • Click Start.
      • Wait for the Scan Disk process to complete, then mount your SD memory card back to your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Cant read the SD card

Hello,

Oftentimes, a corrupted device can result to issues in reading your SD card. For us to isolate the case further and determine the appropriate resolution, provide answers to the following questions:

• Have you checked if other external devices/accessories are properly detected on your device?
    • Can you confirm if the SD card is being detected on another device aside from the one that you're using?
    • What procedures have you taken so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View All option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to run the troubleshooter.

This tool checks the hardware connected to your computer for common issues and gives details on how to rectify them. If there are any suggestions given by the troubleshooter, you may try those and check if it helps.

We will wait for your response so we can help you further with this issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Computer won't read SD cards

Reading SD card

Thank you for the information.

Since it only happens on your device, we recommend checking the SD slot on your Windows 10 computer to know whether the issue results from hardware part of the SD slot. You may also insert the card to an USB card reader and plug it to the USB port to see
    if you're able to access the SD card data.

If the issue persists, you may run the hardware troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W.
    • On the search bar, type troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Select the Hardware and sound.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the On screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't read SD cards

1. Computer won't read SD cards - Similar Threads - Computer won't read

2. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  3. My computer suddenly won't read my micro SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly won't read my micro SD card: Hi! I'm having trouble accessing my SD card on my Windows 11 computer. It didn't work before I updated either. I have tried plugging it in with different readers, different cards but doesn't work. The cards does however work on my Macbook so I don't think there is a problem...
  4. My computer suddenly won't read my micro SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly won't read my micro SD card: Hi! I'm having trouble accessing my SD card on my Windows 11 computer. It didn't work before I updated either. I have tried plugging it in with different readers, different cards but doesn't work. The cards does however work on my Macbook so I don't think there is a problem...
  5. SD card not reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card not reading: hi my sd card was importing pictures and videos perfectly until it seems i did an update on windows 10.i have a lenovo laptop.for the last 2 days when i put the sd card in nothing happens,the sd card is from a wildlife trail cam.Please help...
  6. SD card not reading

SD card not reading: I've inserted the SD card and it isn't visible on my Lenovo Yogi laptop. There are no updates waiting. Worked before I installed Windows 10, now nothing... USB thumb drive works no problems....
  7. Windows will not read a SD card

Windows will not read a SD card: Used a new card reader the first week of Jan 2020 with no problem with either micro or regular sd cards. Could view and copy files. Now after a few updates to Windows 10 nothing is visible. I unchecked hide empty drives and now there is a list of the drives associated with...
  8. Windows 10 won't read my SD card

Windows 10 won't read my SD card: I haven't tried to connect a SD card on any PC before and this is my first time doing it, I tried to connect a Lexar Multi-use 4 GB SDHC card that was in my Nintendo 3DS XL to my HP Laptop and nothing showed up, Windows didn't read it nor recognize it. I've tried methods...
  9. SD card not being read by computer

SD card not being read by computer: I put in my SD card correctly, but it never appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-being-read-by-computer/cafebd8e-3d22-4791-b0c7-d37a7c0173ff
  10. PC won't read certain SD cards (Problem is with PC, NOT card)

PC won't read certain SD cards (Problem is with PC, NOT card): I have two PC with Windows 10 Home on them. Both are patched and upgraded to the latest version (Regular build, rather than insider build). One of the PC simply won't read certain SD cards. I put the card in the reader and when I try to click on it Windows Explorer freezes...