Windows 10: Computer won’t recognise Canon camera

Discus and support Computer won’t recognise Canon camera in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded Windows and my computer stopped recognising my Canon camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Windows Category - All, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Computer won’t recognise Canon camera

I upgraded Windows and my computer stopped recognising my Canon camera

:)

Windows Category - All, Apr 8, 2020

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Apr 8, 2020
  3. issues with Windows 10 not recognising the Canon HV40 camcorder.

Canon HV40

I too am having the same issues with Windows 10 not recognising the Canon HV40 camcorder.

The camera has two playback modes: HDV/DV and DV LOCKED modes.

The issue I believe is this: Whilst connected to the IEEE1394 Firewire port...

SD LOCKED mode, computer uses "msdv.inf" file and is listed in device manager as an "imaging device".

HDV/DV mode, computer uses "mstape.inf" file and is listed as a "sound, video and games controller".

msdv.inf specifically lists the camcorder by name but has no configuration for the camera while in HDV mode, this code is missing. Therefore, mstape is used instead. which incorrectly places the device in sound video and games controllers, thus making it inaccessible
    for programs such as Windows Movie Maker. And because of this miss-identification, no other video editing software recognises the camera in HDV mode either.

I have attempted to copy and paste specific references to the Canon Camcorder from msdv.inf to mstape.inf without success, as apparently these are system protected files, even when using notepad in "open as admin" role. So, I am at a loss. If Microsoft could
    provide an updated msdv.inf file which will identify the camcorder whilst it is set to HDV playback mode, that would completely fix the problem. There is no hardware problem or firmware problem with the camera or firewire configurations.

I look forward to a response and download link for the amended msdv.inf file with great anticipation.

Stephen Peters.

StephenPetersGuitarist, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Computer won’t recognise Canon camera

Canon cameras are not working on Win 10

Either of my Canon cameras are working since I've been on Windows 10. The cable is fine, the computer can detect the cameras, there's a "ring" when I plug it, but I can't download pictures or connect to the SD card as an external drive. The Device manager
    can detect I have a Canon camera connected, but tells me the Driver is not installed. There is no driver on the Canon websites for those cameras.

I have installed the WIndows Media player, as suggested by somem to get the necessary driver, to no effect.

I have tried to unplugged all my USB devices before connecting my camera, to no effect.

I have tried to install all software suggested by Canon, to no effect.

The cameras are a Canon Powershot SX 130 IS and a Canon Powershot D20.

The problem seems to also exist on Nikon camera, as I've been reading around. No working solution seems to have been published as of now...

LouisGilbert, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Computer won’t recognise Canon camera

1. Computer won’t recognise Canon camera - Similar Threads - Computer won’t recognise

2. Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. I have one Canon Image Formula DR-C230 Scanner. When i connected this scanner with my laptop it did not recognise/ detect the scanner. Though the scanner is working perfectly fine in windows10. I...
  3. Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. I have one Canon Image Formula DR-C230 Scanner. When i connected this scanner with my laptop it did not recognise/ detect the scanner. Though the scanner is working perfectly fine in windows10. I...
  4. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  5. Canon 400D camera

Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  6. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  7. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  8. Camera not recognised

9. Camera Not Being Recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera Not Being Recognised: I have a camera I am trying to connect to my new computer (webcam). It works fine on my other computer but doesn’t work on my current one. Camera: USB Shows up in audio in devices on my other computer Doesn’t even show up in device manager on my new computer Could someone...
  10. Computer won't recognise camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't recognise camera: I need to install new firm ware for my digital camera. My windows computer doesn't recognize that the camera is plugged in to a USB port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-recognise-camera/bfe7bc01-18da-4794-b11a-f7f21258cab2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont recognize canon powershot sx60hs camera windows 10