Windows 10: Computer won't recognize a second monitor

Discus and support Computer won't recognize a second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got a new computer. SN is 2Mo0094G27 in case you want to look at specs. When I connected both of my monitors to it, only one of them worked. HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickGPhipps, May 5, 2020.

1. Computer won't recognize a second monitor

So I got a new computer. SN is 2Mo0094G27 in case you want to look at specs.

When I connected both of my monitors to it, only one of them worked. HP w1907 and a Huion Gt-190 drawing monitor

*Note*- I did add a graphics card to help support the two monitors, but I have done stuff like that before and have had no issue.

So only one of my monitors is working, The w1907 plugged into the default port and so I go through the generic troubleshooting things. update drivers, unplug and wait, everything I could think of.

I restart my computer and when it turns on, my Huion monitor was the one that was working through the graphics card port.

I then get an adapter and try to hook up my w1907 through the default HDMI cable, which doesn't work. Then I throw it in the HDMI port that is on the graphics card, which does work, but everything on the screen is fuzzy.

So I do have both working, technically, but I want a clear picture through my w1907 and I don't know what to do.

*Side Note*- My Huion monitor's touch screen effect does not work, and is only working as a monitor. I have installed the drivers and everything, but a red X appears on the application that processes the pen and the monitor together. If you have advice on that as well, I will take it.

:)

RickGPhipps, May 5, 2020

2. windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, May 5, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    windows not recognizing second monitor

Hello,

Windows may not recognize another external display device if the display drivers are outdated, or that the monitor is turned off or not plugged in correctly, etc. For us to isolate the issue in connecting a second monitor in Windows 10, kindly respond to
    the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did the second monitor work before?
    • Have you tried using the monitor to a different computer?
    • What happens if you disconnect your primary monitor and connect the second monitor to make it the main monitor?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, May 5, 2020
  4. Computer won't recognize a second monitor

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't recognize a second monitor

1. Computer won't recognize a second monitor - Similar Threads - Computer won't recognize

2. Computer not recognizeing monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizeing monitor: After power went out. When I boot my desktop pc up everything turns on but does not recognize my mouse keyboard or monitor. I took it in and it started right up for them. Brought it home same problem. I’ve tried different cords blogs and screens. Nothing seems to work....
  3. Computer not recognizeing monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizeing monitor: After power went out. When I boot my desktop pc up everything turns on but does not recognize my mouse keyboard or monitor. I took it in and it started right up for them. Brought it home same problem. I’ve tried different cords blogs and screens. Nothing seems to work....
  4. My computer won't recognize mutiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer won't recognize mutiple monitors: Hi everyone,I recently built a new computer. I'm writing this post from it. Everything works like a dream, except I can't seem to get Windows 10 Professional to recognize multiple monitors. I think I have confirmed none of my hardware components are a bottleneck such that the...
  5. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  6. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  7. Does not recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not recognize second monitor: Hello. so yesterday my both monitors ware working just fine, I turned my computer off for the night since it's been on for like some 4 days. So i turned my pc back on and they started up how they should, but instead of having 2 monitors it just changed the resolution to...
  8. Recognizing a Second Monitor

Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  9. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor: Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the...
  10. SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED

SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED: i HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND A TOSHIBA LAPTOP. ALTHOUGH FOR YEARS MY TOSHIBA RECOGNIZED MY SECOND HP PORTABLE MONITOR, SUDDENLY WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS, DISPLAY I DO NOT SEE THE SECOND PLUG IN MONITOR I USED FOR YEARS....