Windows 10: Computer won't recognize headphones

Discus and support Computer won't recognize headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I posted about this on here a couple weeks ago, but basically within the first month of owning this computer, every time I plugged in my headphones it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmyRutherford, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Computer won't recognize headphones

I posted about this on here a couple weeks ago, but basically within the first month of owning this computer, every time I plugged in my headphones it asked to switch the audio output device and it got annoying so I finally clicked "don't show this again" when it came up one time, thinking that it would just default like every other computer when you plug in headphones. Unfortunately, now it no longer recognizes my headphones at all and I've tried a few different solutions I found online. When I posted here before, someone suggested uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver (Realtek) and it worked for a day or two but then my computer went right back to not recognizing my headphones (I've tried two different pairs). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek just like I had before and it didn't work the second time. Some of the solutions I'm seeing talk about opening the Realtek Audio Manager and disabling the front panel jack but they give you absolutely no instructions as to how to open the Realtek Audio Manager. I tried searching my computer for it and I can't find it. I have the driver installed and updated but no manager as far as I'm aware. I am incredibly frustrated as I use my headphones on my computer a lot.

:)

AmyRutherford, Jan 20, 2019

2. windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Computer won't recognize headphones

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Computer won't recognize headphones

1. Computer won't recognize headphones - Similar Threads - Computer won't recognize

2. headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones not recognized: Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-recognized/d1ebd282-496f-4838-9826-70aeb64db65c
  3. headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones not recognized: Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-recognized/d1ebd282-496f-4838-9826-70aeb64db65c
  4. My laptop won't recognize any headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop won't recognize any headphones.: One time, it used to work and I went afk, came back, and it suddenly doesn't work. Whenever I try connecting the headphones into the laptop, my computer just doesn't know that I connected them. When I go to sounds where you would see Speakers, they're not there. I have tried...
  5. Headphones won't get recognized by windows 10.

Headphones won't get recognized by windows 10.: Hello, today i just switched from Linux to Windows 10, and i noticed that windows doesn't see my audio output device. I made sure to plug everything in, but still no result. I want to mention that when i was on Linux Ubuntu my audio worked well....
  6. Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and some Samson SR850 headphones, and they've never given me trouble. Recently I got some AirPod Pros, and I decided to try and connect them to my laptop for Zoom classes. It was pretty easy to connect them, but after I disconnected them and plugged...
  7. My computer Doesn't recognize headphones

My computer Doesn't recognize headphones: I checked already that on my phone, my headphones work, but not on computer. Just yesterday absolutely was fine, I didn't even download anything noticeable. I've checked a ton of videos on youtube and some website tips, where I found somewhere 9 different methods, but no...
  8. Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones

Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones: I am trying to record some piano from my electric piano, so i plugged in my aux cord into my headphone/headset jack. But the problem is, my computer only recognizes my aux cord as headphones. How can I change it from headphones to a microphone? I've tried updating the drivers...
  9. My system won't recognize my headphones.

My system won't recognize my headphones.: So I got a new hard drive installed, and now my system doesn't recognize my headphones. I tried updating the audio drivers using Drivereasy, it didn't work. I tried downloading Realtek HD drivers (which are not in my computer now) and after restarting my computer as requested...
  10. Computer won't recognize printer

Computer won't recognize printer: I am having a problem with my computer not recognizing that my printer is installed. I have gone through all the uninstall and reinstall procedures for the printer numerous time, but when I try to send to printer, it tells me the printer is not installed. GRRRR Can anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont recognize headphones