Windows 10: Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

Discus and support Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion x360 and some Samson SR850 headphones, and they've never given me trouble. Recently I got some AirPod Pros, and I decided to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cutesyloser, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

I have an HP Pavilion x360 and some Samson SR850 headphones, and they've never given me trouble. Recently I got some AirPod Pros, and I decided to try and connect them to my laptop for Zoom classes. It was pretty easy to connect them, but after I disconnected them and plugged in my Samson headphones, the audio continued to come through the built-in computer speakers. I checked the output devices, but the computer isn't recognizing the headphones at all. They work after a restart, but I'm not sure why, and I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to switch headphones. Any idea what's up? I can try and provide more info if needed. Thanks.

Laptop model: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 11m-ap0xxx

OS build: 18363.1316

Edited to add more info.

submitted by /u/cutesyloser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cutesyloser, Feb 1, 2021
  2. LSN05 Win User

Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Feb 1, 2021
  3. LSN05 Win User
    Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

1. Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods - Similar Threads - Computer won't recognize

2. My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.: This is happening on a new computer, every time I plug in headphones, sound completely stops, even if I unplug the headset. The headphones don't show up in output settings and switching the output device fixes the sound for a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the...
  3. My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.: This is happening on a new computer, every time I plug in headphones, sound completely stops, even if I unplug the headset. The headphones don't show up in output settings and switching the output device fixes the sound for a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the...
  4. Headphones recognized but not connected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized but not connected?: I got a new headset and when I plugged it in my computer but it didn't work. So, I ran a troubleshooter and it actually found my headset! But the problem is that it says that it's not connected to the PC even though it is. I already tried plugging it into different areas but...
  5. Airpods won't stay connected.

Airpods won't stay connected.: I've seen other who have had this problem, and I have it myself. I've read other threads but nothing has helped for me. I don't have Airpods Pro, I have the second gen Airpods. They connect with no issues to my iMac, iPhone, Apple TV and iPad, however, whenever I use them on...
  6. My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.: My computer doesn't recognize the earphones I plugged in after removing it, but it does so after restarting the pc while the earphone is plugged, plz help me fix it, i have only i earphone agd need to keep removing it from my pc as i play games too, help...
  7. AirPods won't initially connect

AirPods won't initially connect: I just bought a pair of AirPods and have been trying to connect them to my Windows 10 PC. The device shows up when I click "Add a Device," but then says "connecting..." for about a minute before saying "We didn't get any response from the device. Try connecting again." I...
  8. Headphones not recognized when plugged in

Headphones not recognized when plugged in: Recently bought, my laptop is Dell Inspiron 15-3582 and Windows 10 PRO as OS, big problem is that when i plug in any pair of headphones in one jack port i have, it's not recognized in the SOUND Playback option only available is Speakers/Headphones device The only way that the...
  9. AirPods paired but won't connect.

AirPods paired but won't connect.: AirPods paired but won' connect, I tried: -Deleting the drivers and updating them. -Putting Bluetooth Support Service to Automatic and restarting -Troubleshooted everything -Tried every 'connect' button on every window I know such as: -Sound control panel, Devices...
  10. Computer won't recognize headphones

Computer won't recognize headphones: I posted about this on here a couple weeks ago, but basically within the first month of owning this computer, every time I plugged in my headphones it asked to switch the audio output device and it got annoying so I finally clicked "don't show this again" when it came up one...