Windows 10: Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

Discus and support Computer Wont Restart After BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system keeps getting BSOD for different reasons and when it happens, my PC wont restart after checking on whats going on, so i cant troubleshoot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sethscott4, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

My system keeps getting BSOD for different reasons and when it happens, my PC wont restart after checking on whats going on, so i cant troubleshoot and see whats wrong

:)

sethscott4, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jun 11, 2021
  3. mystikl Win User
    Computer restarting

I took out one of the sticks and it's working now. RAM wasn't on my list cause I thought bad ram would give BSODs not restarts. Boy was I wrong! Thanks for the help i789.

EDIT: I ran the Windows 7 memory stability test on the remaining stick and it passed the test. Half an hour later the comp crashed again. Is it still the RAM?

mystikl, Jun 11, 2021
  4. alexsubri Win User

Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Computer Wont Restart After BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

1. Computer Wont Restart After BSOD - Similar Threads - Computer Wont Restart

2. Got BSOD after computer restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got BSOD after computer restart: Hi, I tried to upgrade my surface book 2 IntelR CoreTM i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz to Windows 11 with fresh installation. Everything seemed to be fine until the computer was restarting, I got BSOD :" The operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of...
  3. Got BSOD after computer restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got BSOD after computer restart: Hi, I tried to upgrade my surface book 2 IntelR CoreTM i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz to Windows 11 with fresh installation. Everything seemed to be fine until the computer was restarting, I got BSOD :" The operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer: So my apps werent working so i restarted my computer/desktop and when it was done i was stuck on the home screen and wasnt able to move my mouse or anything. I tried going into the BIOS menu and tryed fixing it there but couldnt find any problems please help i just got this...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer: So my apps werent working so i restarted my computer/desktop and when it was done i was stuck on the home screen and wasnt able to move my mouse or anything. I tried going into the BIOS menu and tryed fixing it there but couldnt find any problems please help i just got this...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard wont work after restarting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Wont Restart After BSOD: My system keeps getting BSOD for different reasons and when it happens, my PC wont restart after checking on whats going on, so i cant troubleshoot and see whats wrong...
  8. My computer wont restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wont restart: Recently I have been unable to successfully restart my computer. I have been using a used RX 570 graphics card that had been used for mining, and I ran into error 43. I have been using the atikpatcher to bypass the problem for months until I tried again and it didn't work,...
  9. Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error

Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error: I was watching a video on Microsoft Edge and suddenly, my computer bluescreened. Soon it was at %100, but it wouldn't restart. It was stuck saying it was at %100. My sister's computer doesn't ever even get the BSOD. I had to cold boot my computer to boot it up again. Could...
  10. Computer crashed and wont restart

Computer crashed and wont restart: My Lenovo PC suddenly shut down today and when I restarted it I got a BSOD with a 'bad pool header' message. I did eventually restart but soon shut down again with a 'k mode exception not handled' message. Now when I restart I get a blue page 'RECOVERY Your computer could not...