Windows 10: Computer won't restart on its own to install updates

Discus and support Computer won't restart on its own to install updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Active hours are set from 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM. Despite updates being ready to install "outside active hours" the computer has not restarted itself in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bru, Sep 29, 2019.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

Computer won't restart on its own to install updates

Active hours are set from 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM. Despite updates being ready to install "outside active hours" the computer has not restarted itself in over two weeks to finish the update process. The computer has barely been used in that time frame but when I looked today it still had the prompt that the computer needs to restart to install updates. Even when I set a specific time for it to restart it seems its hit or miss. What am I doing wrong?

:)

2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 30, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

5. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 30, 2019
  6. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Computer won't restart on its own to install updates - Similar Threads - Computer won't restart

2. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  3. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  4. My computer restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarts on its own: My computer restarts on its own when I launch a game. I use a configuration under Am5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-on-its-own/88010eb1-df91-42c9-a222-08c0a0de7096
  5. My computer restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer restarts on its own: My computer restarts on its own when I launch a game. I use a configuration under Am5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-on-its-own/88010eb1-df91-42c9-a222-08c0a0de7096
  6. Windows 10 restarts to install updates on its own will

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 restarts to install updates on its own will: Hello, 1 Is it not possible to get support from Microsoft for their own products? 2 My problem is that I can't prevent windows 10 from automatically restarting to install updates. Changing settings doesn't do anything. My laptop Samsung Series 5 Ultra NP530 came...
  7. Why is my computer restarting on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my computer restarting on its own?: The last couple of days my PC has been restarting itself sometime at night I'm assuming. I have been doing a lot of large file transfers which is why I've been leaving my PC on overnight recently and I notice that in the morning it's on the logon screen. Here are the logs...
  8. Computer won't restart on its own to install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer won't restart on its own to install updates: Active hours are set from 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM. Despite updates being ready to install "outside active hours" the computer has not restarted itself in over two weeks to finish the update process. The computer has barely been used in that time frame but when I looked today it...
  9. PC restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC restarting on its own: Product: HP Elite 7500 Series MT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I am desperate. My PC restarts on its own all of a sudden while I am working, once or twice a day, even if in Windows Update I set those hours as working hours. There is no error message. It...
  10. PC restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    PC restarting on its own: I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it down again and this time waited for it to go black. I thought it had shut down. I came in this morning to start it and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart stalls