Windows 10: Computer won't restart with external SSD connected

Discus and support Computer won't restart with external SSD connected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First off... I'd like to apologize in advance for my lack of technical ability. I've been using a Mac for the last decade and understand next to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bagel3000, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Bagel3000 Win User

Computer won't restart with external SSD connected

First off... I'd like to apologize in advance for my lack of technical ability. I've been using a Mac for the last decade and understand next to nothing on PC. Anyway... my problem is that my PC won't restart with my Seagate SSD connected to the USB port. I'm running Windows 10 v2004 on an Asus...ACPI? I think? What I've done so far is to remove all USB devices one by one to isolate the problem so I do know it's because of the SSD. I've also gone into my BIOS settings and enabled Secure Boot... but that's about all I'm comfortable doing for fear of making an even bigger mess. I have just performed a clean install of Windows so if the solution involves re-formatting everything, I'm okay with that. If there isn't a fix for this, is it harmful to my PC to shut it down and manually start it every time I install something new?

Thanks.

:)

Bagel3000, Jan 30, 2021
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Computer won't restart with external SSD connected [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Computer won't restart with external SSD connected [​IMG]

4. Computer won't restart with external SSD connected

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't restart with external SSD connected

1. Computer won't restart with external SSD connected - Similar Threads - Computer won't restart

2. my external ssd won't connect in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my external ssd won't connect in explorer: Hello Everone,I need your help guys!Since I downloaded photos from my iPhone that were in HEIC format, I sent them to my external SSD, and quickly my external SSD stopped working. My external ssd E: won't connect in explorer, and is looking like this:When I plug it in, the...
  3. my external ssd won't connect in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my external ssd won't connect in explorer: Hello Everone,I need your help guys!Since I downloaded photos from my iPhone that were in HEIC format, I sent them to my external SSD, and quickly my external SSD stopped working. My external ssd E: won't connect in explorer, and is looking like this:When I plug it in, the...
  4. Windows 10 won't search external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't search external SSD: I recently bought a Samsung T7 4tb external drive, and quick formatted it to NTFS as recommended. I restored files from a previous drive that had died it took eight hours!. Using Explorer, I can navigate the folders, find, and open files. Explorer will not search, though....
  5. Windows 10 won't search external SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't search external SSD: I recently bought a Samsung T7 4tb external drive, and quick formatted it to NTFS as recommended. I restored files from a previous drive that had died it took eight hours!. Using Explorer, I can navigate the folders, find, and open files. Explorer will not search, though....
  6. External SSD Not Detected On Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD Not Detected On Computer: This morning I discovered that my external ssd drive is not showing up on file explorer. It shows up on the taskbar to be ejected, but that is all. I have tried it in other USB ports an another computer. It is nor recognized using dskmgmt.msc. I have tried restarting the...
  7. External SSD Not Detected On Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External SSD Not Detected On Computer: This morning I discovered that my external ssd drive is not showing up on file explorer. It shows up on the taskbar to be ejected, but that is all. I have tried it in other USB ports an another computer. It is nor recognized using dskmgmt.msc. I have tried restarting the...
  8. Computer won't connect to internet after restart

Computer won't connect to internet after restart: I'm connected via ethernet. I'm certain the problem started over the weekend after a windows update. But here's what's weird.... It will connect after I shut it down and power off. Once I do that it connects fine through the ethernet. My computer guy checked all drivers...
  9. Computer won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't restart: So I am pulling out my hair right now. I was playing a game on Steam (Grim Dawn), and as of a couple of days ago, it started hanging up my computer. The game would freeze, and Steam would be unable to connect my friends list, after which my computer would freeze. I would...
  10. Internet connection won't restart with computer restart

Internet connection won't restart with computer restart: If I am connected to the internet and need to restart my laptop (Win10) the internet is NOT reconnected when the computer reboots when restarting. Any ideas? 111650