Windows 10: computer wont run my games without lag after update

Discus and support computer wont run my games without lag after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; last night my computer updated to the new version of windows when I got on to play this afternoon the game was very laggy and had me running at 7 fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick-564, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Nick-564 Win User

computer wont run my games without lag after update

last night my computer updated to the new version of windows when I got on to play this afternoon the game was very laggy and had me running at 7 fps granted I don't have the best computer but it has always ran better than this! any ideas?

:)

Nick-564, Oct 6, 2019

2. My computer wont run games

Hi,

Compatibility issues with the device and the games, corrupted game's profile data and outdated version of the game are several reasons why you're encountering this issue. For us to point you to the best approach of resolving this issue, kindly answer the
    following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting solutions you've performed?
    • Are you trying to play the games online or offline?
    • Are you using the physical copy or the digital version of the games? If you're using the digital version, may we know where did you download the games?
    If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link

Another solution you may perform is to search if there are updates available for the games. See

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store
    for the steps.

Catherine Cus., Oct 6, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 6, 2019
  4. computer wont run my games without lag after update

Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

computer wont run my games without lag after update

1. computer wont run my games without lag after update - Similar Threads - computer wont run

2. My games wont run as of today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games wont run as of today: As of today I cant launch fortnite and new world. For some reason I get loading screen for fortnite and prompt on steam but then nothing happens and I cant play the games. I can play other games such as Dota2 but not new world and fortnite. I could play new world in the...
  3. My games wont run as of today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games wont run as of today: As of today I cant launch fortnite and new world. For some reason I get loading screen for fortnite and prompt on steam but then nothing happens and I cant play the games. I can play other games such as Dota2 but not new world and fortnite. I could play new world in the...
  4. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  5. Lagging in games without reason

Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  6. Game wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game wont run: Back for blood on game pass will not open after anti cheat screen loads I am on windows 11 up too date on graphics and drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-run/808037b5-a3eb-4fb8-813a-4ed31b8776ae
  7. Game wont run

Game wont run: Back for blood on game pass will not open after anti cheat screen loads I am on windows 11 up too date on graphics and drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-run/808037b5-a3eb-4fb8-813a-4ed31b8776ae
  8. Lag in Games after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag in Games after Windows Update: I am experiencing sudden frame drop in games after Updating Windows 10 KB4566782 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-in-games-after-windows-update/dc1a6fb3-80ec-4520-9b63-4ba6dcdcd94c
  9. Runs slow and lagging after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Runs slow and lagging after update: Again this time i allowed my machine to do a Windows 10 update and again with this update it slowed to a crawl, webpages wouldnt load, even the cursor would barely move when i move the mouse. I turnedit off and was told it would install updates and reboot but after four hours...
  10. Old game wont run on new computer

Old game wont run on new computer: My old computer crashed and I purchased a new one. Both came with windows 10 but now an old game will not run though it did on the old one. Game comes with DirectX 3 but it is being blocked somehow. Any ideas as to a fix?...