Windows 10: Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update

Discus and support Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SalsaUncle, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update

Hi Microsoft
    When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new development. This has the added side effect of updates not being installed. Instead the computer tries to install the update and then discoveres it's not possible and removes it again.

I shut down my computer by clicking the windows sign in the bottom left and then choose shutdown. Disabling fast restart lets me reboot but not update, which is the crux of the matter here. I've gotten help in here 2 times already but no cigar.

First time I tried the following:

1. Disabling the fast shut down option. This allows the computer to shut down, but it still can't update.

2. Restoring default power options powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

3. Running power Troubleshooter

4. Tried upgrading via this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. When doing that I get the error 0x80070003 telling me it can't verify that I'm running windows 10.

5. This solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...80070003/8badf153-81d8-4d9c-a864-0fa214b8cdc3

Second time I tried this:

1. Ran the Windows Update & Security trouble shooter
    2. The following:
      A. Windows Key + R -
      B. Type CMD right click and run as administrator.
      C. Copy and paste the command below.
      D: sfc /scannow
      E: Clean Boot

As far as I could tell no damaged files were replaced, so it might be useful to try this again, in a way that makes sure that it's functioning correctly.

3. Culled my start up list via. the Configuration Utility Box msconfig-> startup. I disabled all applications I weren't using, and then restarted. Followed by downloading the file here https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen..., saved it to desktop and renamed it reset.bat. Followed by running it as admin. Then I restarted and tried to update but no cigar.

It'd be great if anyone had any advice. This has been going on for 6 months now, and I'm really falling behind in my updates.

Regards,

:)

SalsaUncle, Sep 1, 2020

2. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode

Hi Microsoft

When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new development. This has the added side effect of updates not being installed. Instead the computer tries to install the update and
    then discoveres it's not possible and removes it again.

I shut down my computer by clicking the windows sign in the bottom left and then choose shutdown.

Please advice

SalsaUncle, Sep 1, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update

1. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update - Similar Threads - Computer won't shut

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  4. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  5. Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down.: After this latest round of updates, my laptop no longer goes to sleep when you close the lid, it shuts off entirely instead. I've already went through all the power options and I still can't seem to find the fix. Any ideas? submitted by /u/knarglegarth [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode: Hi Microsoft When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new development. This has the added side effect of updates not being installed. Instead the computer tries to install the update and then...
  7. Windows won't shut down, instead restarts itself (not whole computer).

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't shut down, instead restarts itself (not whole computer).: When I try to shutdown windows it instead restarts, and by that I don't mean that the computer restarts as if I hit "restart the computer" but instead of shutting down after the blue "logging off... etc" screen it just really quickly goes back to the desktop and starts up...
  8. Computer shuts down instead of restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down instead of restarting: Hello, I have been having this issue for a while now. I have reinstalled the pc, complete clean installation, changed disk, added memory... all to no avail. Wheneveer I want to restart, the laptop just shuts down. I am keeping up with all sorts of updates. I have a ASUS...
  9. My computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer restarts instead of shutting down: When I press the power key, or when I click on power>shut down, Windows 10 reboots instead every time. Is this a known fault and if so is there an easy fix for it? 61314
  10. Computer Restarts instead of Shut Down After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarts instead of Shut Down After Windows Update: I have had the message on my laptop that said to install windows updates. Its like a rectangle message and it ask you if you want to remind you later, pick a later time or update it now. I delayed updating it for a long time and clicked on remind me later.So basically...