Windows 10: Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode

Discus and support Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SalsaUncle, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode

Hi Microsoft
    When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new development. This has the added side effect of updates not being installed. Instead the computer tries to install the update and then discoveres it's not possible and removes it again.

I shut down my computer by clicking the windows sign in the bottom left and then choose shutdown.

Please advice

:)

SalsaUncle, Jun 5, 2020

2. Boots up in Flight Mode

There are two reasons why your Booklet might boot in flight mode:

• It was in flight mode when it was shut down (it will remember when it is restarted); and
    • If you hold the power button down for around 2 seconds when you turn the Booklet on, it will boot in flight mode.
    Hope this helps!

- Miles.

milesr---01, Jun 5, 2020
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode :confused:*Mad Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jun 5, 2020
  4. rolfTK Win User

Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode

on my lumia 520 flight mode is stuck open

my flight mode won"T switch off i have taken the battery out but its still in flight mode any help

rolfTK, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode

1. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode - Similar Threads - Computer won't shut

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  4. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  5. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  6. Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't shut down. Instead restarts in flight mode. Can't update: Hi Microsoft When I try to shut down the computer it instead restarts in flight mode. I've had the computer for a few years and this is a new development. This has the added side effect of updates not being installed. Instead the computer tries to install the update and then...
  7. Windows restarts instead of shutting down

Windows restarts instead of shutting down: Hi all, I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 laptop with Windows 10. In the beginning, when I wanted to shut down Windows, that worked as expected. But at a certain point in time maybe after a Windows update, Windows restarts every time when I select shutdown. The only...
  8. Windows won't shut down, instead restarts itself (not whole computer).

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't shut down, instead restarts itself (not whole computer).: When I try to shutdown windows it instead restarts, and by that I don't mean that the computer restarts as if I hit "restart the computer" but instead of shutting down after the blue "logging off... etc" screen it just really quickly goes back to the desktop and starts up...
  9. Computer shuts down instead of restarting

Computer shuts down instead of restarting: Hello, I have been having this issue for a while now. I have reinstalled the pc, complete clean installation, changed disk, added memory... all to no avail. Wheneveer I want to restart, the laptop just shuts down. I am keeping up with all sorts of updates. I have a ASUS...
  10. My computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer restarts instead of shutting down: When I press the power key, or when I click on power>shut down, Windows 10 reboots instead every time. Is this a known fault and if so is there an easy fix for it? 61314