Windows 10: Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

Discus and support Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tracy_c, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Tracy_c Win User

Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows 10, 1903. It was also able to shut down properly during the short time before my computer downloaded a bunch of updates and asked me to install Windows 10 version 20H2. Now, My computer is running Windows 10 v 20H2, and my computer won't shut down properly. Five minutes after shut down, it restarts! So I have to unplug my

:)

Tracy_c, Nov 17, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later :confused:*Mad Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Nov 17, 2021
  3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Nov 17, 2021
  4. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Hi! so I have a question about something I did the other night. I was going to move my PC but before that, I had to shut it down. when choosing if I wanted to restart or shut down it said ``shut down and update´´. I pressed it and my computer went all quiet
    and had shut down or so I thought. obviously, I had to unplug the computer to move it so I unplugged it as soon as it shut down but now when I try to start it, it just won´t start up.

Note that I have not been able to try and hold the power button since it doesn't work on my computer, reasons unknown.

TimmyAndersson, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

1. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later - Similar Threads - Computer won't shut

2. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  3. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  4. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  6. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  7. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  8. Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes: My computer has been having a problem recently where when I don't interact with it for anywhere from 5-20 minutes it will shut down unexpectedly and reboot. Temperatures appear to be fine, I have bought a new SSD, ram and power troubleshooting has showed no signs of failing...
  9. Computer won't shut down

Computer won't shut down: I installed a new modem today, and got rid of the older one. This went fine and I'm able to surf and have a private wifi. But, when I clicked "Shut down" from the popup menu, my computer appeared to restart. I had left my desk and then noticed a light was showing behind the...
  10. Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time

in Cortana
    Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time: I have Windows 10 with the 2004 update. I can't stay signed into Cortana after I shut the computer down. Every time I start it up, I have to sign in again. Is there any way to fix this?...