Windows 10: Computer won't sleep after Power Options criteria are met

Discus and support Computer won't sleep after Power Options criteria are met in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer should go to sleep after 30 minutes plugged in - and go into hibernation after 180 minutes plugged in. However, after waiting overnight, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Computer won't sleep after Power Options criteria are met

My computer should go to sleep after 30 minutes plugged in - and go into hibernation after 180 minutes plugged in. However, after waiting overnight, it is still "awake" with no apps running.

I ran "powercfg /requests" and this was the result:

SYSTEM:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0292&SUBSYS_102805CD&REV_1000\4&2fb669a9&0&0001)An audio stream is currently in use.SYSTEM:

I can't find what this audio stream is. Can anyone help? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Sep 30, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 30, 2020
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer won't sleep after Power Options criteria are met - Similar Threads - Computer won't sleep

2. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  3. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  4. sleep option is missing from power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  5. Windows won't power on after after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't power on after after sleep or shutdown: Since the recent update KB5003637 my PC fails to Power On normally after either Shut Down or Sleep.The convoluted method with the most success has been.1. Switch Power to OFF small toggle button at rear2. Unplug power cable3. Wait 30 seconds4. Reverse steps 1 & 25. Wait 30-60...
  6. sleep and power option

sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  7. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows sleeping after changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sleeping after changing power options: Hey guys, I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save and the laptop sleeps after a couple of minutes leaving it unattended. I tried changing the sleep after unattended option...
  9. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria.: Please help me this. I want to sign NVME driver but it always get this error. [ATTACH] I installed the cert to PrivateCertStore but it always said that no cert were found. (Both Local Computer and User Account) I also tried this command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows...
  10. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep Option in Power Menu: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it...