Windows 10: Computer wont sleep automatically

Discus and support Computer wont sleep automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started happening over the last couple of days. I came home from a friend's house last night at around 4AM to see my computer awake with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrifloonEmpire, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Computer wont sleep automatically

This started happening over the last couple of days. I came home from a friend's house last night at around 4AM to see my computer awake with the monitor dark. Odd. I check Event Viewer and Universal Orchestrator did its' song and dance at around 1:30AM. Seems like that woke up the computer.

My computer is set to make the monitor sleep after 10 minutes and make the whole computer sleep after 30 minutes.

It listens to the monitor sleep settings, but after 30 minutes the computer just....won't go to sleep.

After Universal Orchestrator woke the computer up it never went back to sleep.

I tried changing the computer sleep setting to no avail. At around 5AM I left the computer idle and it didn't go to sleep until around 5:45. 15 minutes late.

I assumed it was a fluke and went to bed.

Today I decided to play Fallout 4 for a few hours and stopped at around 1AM. Left the computer idle and after two hours the computer still wasn't sleeping. The monitor doesn't wake up during any of this, the computer just refuses to auto sleep.

I can put the computer to sleep manually, and powercfg -requests show that nothing is keeping the computer awake. What's going on? Is it another bug in the Patch Tuesday update?

submitted by /u/DrifloonEmpire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrifloonEmpire, Feb 16, 2020

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 16, 2020
  3. computer wont go to sleep automatically

Hi,

What is the make/model of your PC?

This issue could be either due to some issues with the power settings or corrupted system files on the computer.

Try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

If the issue persist, try disabling Away Mode and enabling Sleep Mode under the Power Options.

Method 2: Go to;

• Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
    • Click on Change advanced power settings
    • Make sure that your active power plan is selected in the dropdown box
    • Scroll to multimedia settings (2nd from the bottom)
    • Expand When sharing media.

If you notice "Away mode" under either battery or plugged in, change it to "Allow the computer to sleep"

This prevents the default media sharing schemes from keeping your computer up all night.

Hope this fixes the sleep issue. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Computer wont sleep automatically

dalchina, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer wont sleep automatically

1. Computer wont sleep automatically - Similar Threads - Computer wont sleep

2. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  3. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  4. Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep

Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep: I have a Dell XPS 8940 and running Windows 11 Home.I set the sleep setting to 15 minutes. However after some time I notice that it gets automatically flipped back to Never on its own! I tried multiple times to change that setting to enable sleep, and it does indeed work for a...
  5. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  6. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  7. Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?: As the title states for some reason my PC wont put itself to sleep? I know it has to be some application thats keeping it awake but Im genuinely at a loss as to what it might be. Ive tried everything from changing the sleep and power saving settings ( as I am on windows 10)...
  8. Computer won't sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep automatically: Windows 10 is refusing to sleep in the time defined, the monitor does go to sleep normally. I search on several sites and posts and do the sugestion mentioned, but nothing works. I already do the selective inicialization deactivating all the services not Microsoft, I change...
  9. Computer wont wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....
  10. Windows 10 wont sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 wont sleep automatically: Yes I have searched so don't yell at me yet. The PC wont sleep. It's not that it goes to sleep and wakes up, it just wont sleep. Here's what I have done so far. Went to advanced power options and turned off that when sharing media keep PC awake thing. Played with...