Windows 10: Computer won't sleep automatically

Discus and support Computer won't sleep automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 is refusing to sleep in the time defined, the monitor does go to sleep normally. I search on several sites and posts and do the sugestion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by renanW_, Mar 9, 2021.

1. renanW_ Win User

Computer won't sleep automatically

Windows 10 is refusing to sleep in the time defined, the monitor does go to sleep normally. I search on several sites and posts and do the sugestion mentioned, but nothing works.

I already do the selective inicialization deactivating all the services not Microsoft, I change the configurations on energy options, I do the complete check of Windows Defender, nothing of these works. I need help, please!

Sorry for my english, I'm not fluent.

:)

renanW_, Mar 9, 2021

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 9, 2021
  3. timta2 Win User
    Computer won't sleep/standby

You should go into Device Manager->Your Mouse (Power Management tab) and uncheck the "Allow this device to wake the computer" box. Same with the keyboard.

There are certain applications that will prevent your computer from sleeping, like Torrent programs, etc. Make sure none of those are running when it is automatically supposed to go to sleep. Most of these programs allow you to go into the setup and turn that feature off.

timta2, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Computer won't sleep automatically

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Computer won't sleep automatically

1. Computer won't sleep automatically - Similar Threads - Computer won't sleep

2. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  3. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  4. Computer won't sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep: New machine, ~6 weeks - Win 10 Pro, Ryzen 12 core processor, 64GB RAM, nVidia 1660Ti GPU. Up until the last few days, the power settings were working properly. The displays would turn off after the set time and the computer would go to sleep shortly thereafter. The past...
  5. PC won't enter sleep automatically

PC won't enter sleep automatically: I'm running Windows 10 PRO version 2004. I set my power plan so that the PC should go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time, but won't do so automatically. I can manually put the PC to sleep and it stays asleep until I wake it up. I tried putting a clean install...
  6. Computer won't sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't sleep: My computer won't sleep, like ven enter the sleep mode. It does the usual fade to black, then to the blue "No signal detected" screen, then to black again after varying periods of time, then my desktop. It is quite irritating, as I had just fixed it (Not sure how) and got it...
  7. PC won't sleep automatically

PC won't sleep automatically: So apparently this is a problem when going into 1903 and 1909 And an update should have fixed this for ppl EXECUTION: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (UsoSvc) Universal Orchestrato This is what's keeping my pc awake So do I have to...
  8. Computer wont sleep automatically

Computer wont sleep automatically: This started happening over the last couple of days. I came home from a friend's house last night at around 4AM to see my computer awake with the monitor dark. Odd. I check Event Viewer and Universal Orchestrator did its' song and dance at around 1:30AM. Seems like that woke...
  9. Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically

Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically: Hi all, After I upgraded to Windows 10, my system won't go to sleep automatically. The display will turn off after the idle time I've set but the computer remains on. I've tested with setting it to sleep after being idle for 1 minute, and only the display turns off. If I...
  10. computer won't sleep correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    computer won't sleep correctly.: I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but it shows the boot logo and I lose everything this happened when I got the ssd and clean installed it. I went to do a reset...