Windows 10: computer won't sleep correctly.

Discus and support computer won't sleep correctly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by justin579, Aug 8, 2015.

1. justin579 Win User

computer won't sleep correctly.

I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but it shows the boot logo and I lose everything

this happened when I got the ssd and clean installed it. I went to do a reset and then the pc keep doing a infinite loop. so I formatted it and did ANOTHER clean installation of it. same exact thing.

I messed around with the power options, tried turning off hibernate and anything else I could find online.

Also I uninstalled the updates. nothing. I uninstalled all the NVidia drivers and for some reasons the sleep button disappeared but reinstalling them made the sleep button appear again but did nothing.

Windows 10 of course.

laptop is ASUS ROG G751JT-CH71

:)

justin579, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Zeetocht Win User

Computer won't sleep since upgrading to 14393.222

I can make my computer sleep by pressing the sleep button but it won't automatically sleep as per my Power Options settings.

Zeetocht, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Problems with making sleep work

I can't the settings for setting up Sleep correctly. The settings for Power Options don't work, as described, and are confusing.

Do you have a clear set of direction on how to set sleep correctly. I have a solution of sorts, turn on the LOCK screen and turn off the display.

What takes place when I tried to set it up. Windows does not sleep, but instead shuts offs, hard disk, USB, etc. Keyboard is off. So I can not simply turn the computer on with a simple command. No keyboard available. Instead I have to reboot the computer,
    a lengthy process, but never working correctly requiring multiple reboots.

Please give me some help.

I just want to make the computer sleep, and then be able to turn it back on with one command.

Ben Lamfers, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

computer won't sleep correctly.

1. computer won't sleep correctly. - Similar Threads - computer won't sleep

2. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  3. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  4. Computer won't sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep automatically: Windows 10 is refusing to sleep in the time defined, the monitor does go to sleep normally. I search on several sites and posts and do the sugestion mentioned, but nothing works. I already do the selective inicialization deactivating all the services not Microsoft, I change...
  5. Computer won't sleep

Computer won't sleep: New machine, ~6 weeks - Win 10 Pro, Ryzen 12 core processor, 64GB RAM, nVidia 1660Ti GPU. Up until the last few days, the power settings were working properly. The displays would turn off after the set time and the computer would go to sleep shortly thereafter. The past...
  6. Computer won't go to sleep.

Computer won't go to sleep.: My computer used to go to sleep automatically now it won't. Does anybody know why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-go-to-sleep/1c049c40-fcf9-49d3-a1e8-53fb40b5e479
  7. Computer won't sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't sleep: My computer won't sleep, like ven enter the sleep mode. It does the usual fade to black, then to the blue "No signal detected" screen, then to black again after varying periods of time, then my desktop. It is quite irritating, as I had just fixed it (Not sure how) and got it...
  8. System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart: I have, for me, an unusual problem for which I've tried all the usual (and some unusual) fixes. None work. When my computer first boots or restarts, all of the normal methods (idle time, closing lid, or selecting among the power options) produce the right results: sleep,...
  9. Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically

Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically: Hi all, After I upgraded to Windows 10, my system won't go to sleep automatically. The display will turn off after the idle time I've set but the computer remains on. I've tested with setting it to sleep after being idle for 1 minute, and only the display turns off. If I...
  10. Computer won't shutdown or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shutdown or sleep.: I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots again. The only way I can...