computer won't sleep correctly.

Discus and support computer won't sleep correctly. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by justin579, Aug 8, 2015.

1. justin579 Win User

I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but it shows the boot logo and I lose everything

this happened when I got the ssd and clean installed it. I went to do a reset and then the pc keep doing a infinite loop. so I formatted it and did ANOTHER clean installation of it. same exact thing.

I messed around with the power options, tried turning off hibernate and anything else I could find online.

Also I uninstalled the updates. nothing. I uninstalled all the NVidia drivers and for some reasons the sleep button disappeared but reinstalling them made the sleep button appear again but did nothing.

Windows 10 of course.

laptop is ASUS ROG G751JT-CH71

:)

justin579, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Zeetocht Win User

Computer won't sleep since upgrading to 14393.222

I can make my computer sleep by pressing the sleep button but it won't automatically sleep as per my Power Options settings.

Zeetocht, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Ben Lamfers Win User
    Problems with making sleep work

I can't the settings for setting up Sleep correctly. The settings for Power Options don't work, as described, and are confusing.

Do you have a clear set of direction on how to set sleep correctly. I have a solution of sorts, turn on the LOCK screen and turn off the display.

What takes place when I tried to set it up. Windows does not sleep, but instead shuts offs, hard disk, USB, etc. Keyboard is off. So I can not simply turn the computer on with a simple command. No keyboard available. Instead I have to reboot the computer,
    a lengthy process, but never working correctly requiring multiple reboots.

Please give me some help.

I just want to make the computer sleep, and then be able to turn it back on with one command.

Ben Lamfers, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

computer won't sleep correctly. - Similar Threads - computer won't sleep

1. won't come back from sleep/computer frozen after using sabnzb

in Windows 10 Support
    won't come back from sleep/computer frozen after using sabnzb: i've been using this program called sabnzb to download via newsgroups for some time now. The program always gave me issues - it would do this thing where after a few hours whilst downloading, if i used the computer, everything would slow down to about 1 frame every 5 seconds,...
  2. Computer won't sleep; "Driver WSDScan stopped the power transition"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't sleep; "Driver WSDScan stopped the power transition": Lately, whenever I sleep my desktop PC, it wakes up again almost immediately. I checked the Event Viewer and found this every time right after the computer tries to go to sleep: "The driver \Driver\WSDScan for device...
  3. When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up

in Windows 10 Support
    When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up: Within the past couple of weeks, my computer hasn't been turning the screen back on when I try to wake it from sleep. I have to end up holding down the power button and restarting it completely. It goes to the "It Appears Windows Didn't Start Correctly" screen from there. It...
  4. Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically: Hi all, After I upgraded to Windows 10, my system won't go to sleep automatically. The display will turn off after the idle time I've set but the computer remains on. I've tested with setting it to sleep after being idle for 1 minute, and only the display turns off. If I...
  5. Computer won't sleep consistently; keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep consistently; keeps waking up: My Windows 10 install won't stay asleep, and it's driving me mad. Sleeping used to work just fine back when I was running Win7. It would go to sleep when told, stay asleep until woken. Everything was great. Then it started waking up at random times. I did a lot of...
  6. My computer won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer won't go to sleep: From yesterday, my computer do a restart instead of shutdown when I click the shutdown button. I figured out that when I disable fast starup in Power options. My computer can now shutdown properly. But it can't go to sleep. I click the sleep button, it just go dark and then...
  7. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode: Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...