Windows 10: Computer won't sleep

Discus and support Computer won't sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer won't sleep, like ven enter the sleep mode. It does the usual fade to black, then to the blue "No signal detected" screen, then to black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClaudeVS, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Computer won't sleep

My computer won't sleep, like ven enter the sleep mode. It does the usual fade to black, then to the blue "No signal detected" screen, then to black again after varying periods of time, then my desktop.

It is quite irritating, as I had just fixed it (Not sure how) and got it to sleep, then accidentally woke it. Now it will not sleep.

submitted by /u/ClaudeVS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClaudeVS, Jul 15, 2020

2. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Please see update below. Still having issues on this and would like to get it resolved.

• Windows version is "Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)"
    • I have taken the following steps so far:
      • checked all devices and ensure none of them are allowed to wake the computer from sleep.
      • I contacted Dell and updated my BIOS
    Neither of the above have fixed my problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

NeilSheehan, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 15, 2020
  4. mbridge87 Win User

Computer won't sleep

Windows 10 Won't Sleep

@TDOZ, Thanks for your reply. Sorry it's taken me a little while to reply. Had loads of stuff on over the last few days.

This command doesn't work for me and I'm not sure what to change the filename to? : Get-Service | where { $_.Status -eq "Running" } > C:/DOCS/running_services.txt

I went through all the steps in post #7 of that post. Realised you actually only asked for the last bit but I've done it all...can't hurt. I've uploaded it to Dropbox so you can download the files. You can find them here:

Dropbox - Link not found

I received a reply on another forum which yielded an interesting result. Their suggestion was to create a new user profile. I did this and on that new profile the computer would sleep. It still won't sleep on my main (admin) profile but it will on this new one. Does that suggest it's a software thing?

mbridge87, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't sleep

1. Computer won't sleep - Similar Threads - Computer won't sleep

2. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  3. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  4. Computer won't sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep automatically: Windows 10 is refusing to sleep in the time defined, the monitor does go to sleep normally. I search on several sites and posts and do the sugestion mentioned, but nothing works. I already do the selective inicialization deactivating all the services not Microsoft, I change...
  5. Computer won't sleep

Computer won't sleep: New machine, ~6 weeks - Win 10 Pro, Ryzen 12 core processor, 64GB RAM, nVidia 1660Ti GPU. Up until the last few days, the power settings were working properly. The displays would turn off after the set time and the computer would go to sleep shortly thereafter. The past...
  6. Computer won't go to sleep.

Computer won't go to sleep.: My computer used to go to sleep automatically now it won't. Does anybody know why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-go-to-sleep/1c049c40-fcf9-49d3-a1e8-53fb40b5e479
  7. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  8. Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically

Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically: Hi all, After I upgraded to Windows 10, my system won't go to sleep automatically. The display will turn off after the idle time I've set but the computer remains on. I've tested with setting it to sleep after being idle for 1 minute, and only the display turns off. If I...
  9. Computer won't shutdown or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shutdown or sleep.: I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots again. The only way I can...
  10. computer won't sleep correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    computer won't sleep correctly.: I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but it shows the boot logo and I lose everything this happened when I got the ssd and clean installed it. I went to do a reset...