Windows 10: Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down

Discus and support Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,I'm using Windows 10 And It was Fully updated and running. Yesterday When I was doing some work on my system, I get some BSOD error and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlokSoni1, Oct 14, 2021.

1. AlokSoni1 Win User

Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down

Hello,I'm using Windows 10 And It was Fully updated and running. Yesterday When I was doing some work on my system, I get some BSOD error and then it get automatically restart with automatic repair. the same thing done continues 3time then it gets shut down and not start again.When I click on the power button it just indicates my power on and then powers off suddenly. I try to install the clear install windows 10 but without entering in the bios option I can't do that. Is that any hardware issue or OS issue? Please help!

:)

AlokSoni1, Oct 14, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

I assume this is the Dell Dimension E521 you show in your "My Computer".
    The blinking power button and that you have to unplug the power to get it working suggests a power supply problem. Could be the motherboard or some component causing it but most likely the power supply.

Power supplies have an internal "electronic" circuit breaker, called a "crowbar" circuit and if the power supply "crowbars" you have to remove AC input power for a short period to get it to reset. Considering the age of the E521 (I used to have an E510) I would first suspect the power supply. The power supply is a standard ATX style power supply, not a Dell proprietary so finding one should not be problem. I would say at least a 400 watt and a "modular" would be best as it eliminates having to stuff all the unused power cables in the case.

UPDATE: I did some checking on the Dell forum and every instance of a flashing power light turned out to be power supply.

fireberd, Oct 14, 2021
  3. tfjr Win User
    Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

When I shut down my pc at the end of the day it goes off completely and all lights disappear. However, when I start my computer the next day and press the power on button, it turns a blinking yellow and doesn't turn on. I have to turn off the power strip and wait 10 seconds before I attempt to restart. Then it starts as it normally would. I have to do this every day. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem?

Thank you.

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down

Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to turn off computer at the Welcome screen using the power button.

Ideally, if no user has logged in to the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, I would suggest you to check the settings for power button. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Power Options.
    2. Click on Additional power settings.
    3. Now, click on Choose what power button does from the left pane.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Select Shut down from the drop down for
      When I press the power button.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may also want to check the Group Policy Settings, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Power Management\Button Settings.
    4. On the right pane, double click on Select the Power button action (plugged in), click on
      Enabled and select Shutdown from the drop down for
      Power Button Action.
    5. Repeat step 4 for Select the Power button action (on battery).
    6. Restart the computer.

If a user has logged in to the computer and then logs off from the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, if a user is logged in to the computer and locks the computer using the
    Windows key + L combination, the power button will not shutdown the computer. You will have to use the power button on the lock screen to shut down the computer.

If you do not see the shutdown button, please refer the article Shutdown:
    Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to provide a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub. The Feedback hub lets you tell Microsoft
    about any problems you run in to while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down - Similar Threads - Computer Won't Start

2. blinking power button and slow start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blinking power button and slow start up: So when ever im done using my laptop and i close the lid and then whenever i open back up the screen is black and all i see that the power button is blinking and then i hold the power button it powers back on like normal, but the start up is very slow than before. if there is...
  3. blinking power button and slow start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blinking power button and slow start up: So when ever im done using my laptop and i close the lid and then whenever i open back up the screen is black and all i see that the power button is blinking and then i hold the power button it powers back on like normal, but the start up is very slow than before. if there is...
  4. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  5. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  6. Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down: Hello,I'm using Windows 10 And It was Fully updated and running. Yesterday When I was doing some work on my system, I get some BSOD error and then it get automatically restart with automatic repair. the same thing done continues 3time then it gets shut down and not start...
  7. Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down

Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error on power button click power blink once and go down: Hello,I'm using Windows 10 And It was Fully updated and running. Yesterday When I was doing some work on my system, I get some BSOD error and then it get automatically restart with automatic repair. the same thing done continues 3time then it gets shut down and not start...
  8. Power button constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button constantly blinking: i remember al my computers did this in the past, i think its just doing to let you know it processing or something like that, the windows pc i now have has a big power button with en led o ring around it. is there anyway to keep the led steady? submitted by /u/swollpug89...
  9. Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button: Hey so, about a month ago, I bought brand components for my PC build, and I noticed an issue witch is really bugging me, after clicking the power button my PC will shut down sometimes, but most of the times it wont, so I got to shut it down in the windows menu, and solutions...
  10. Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button: When I shut down my pc at the end of the day it goes off completely and all lights disappear. However, when I start my computer the next day and press the power on button, it turns a blinking yellow and doesn't turn on. I have to turn off the power strip and wait 10 seconds...