Windows 10: Computer Won't Start Until Motherboard Power Button Pressed

Discus and support Computer Won't Start Until Motherboard Power Button Pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. I wonder what I did to deserve this. I can't afford replacement parts or a new machine, so stuck in the stone age I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ex_Brit, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Computer Won't Start Until Motherboard Power Button Pressed

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. I wonder what I did to deserve this. I can't afford replacement parts or a new machine, so stuck in the stone age I guess. It would be nice, however, if the case power button worked like it always has in the past. Picture of machine attached.

:)

Ex_Brit, Aug 17, 2021

2. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Aug 17, 2021
  3. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Moromann Win User

Computer doesn't start!

Hi, I recently bought a new case, PSU and CPU cooling for my system. Now I have mounted everything, and I plug in the power cable to the PSU. Some lights are being turned on on the motherboard, but when I press the power button on the case, the computer doesn't start. I have double checked that the cable for the power button is correctly connected to the mobo, and I have also tried to press the power button on the mobo, but the computer still doesn't start. Anyone knows what's wrong?

Moromann, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Won't Start Until Motherboard Power Button Pressed - Similar Threads - Computer Won't Start

2. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  3. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  4. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  6. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  7. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  8. Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive

Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive: Hi, I updated Windows to allow the new Xbox app and ever since then every time I press the start button my PC becomes unresponsive. Any ideas how to troubleshoot why?...
  9. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

Computer starts if I press any keyboard button: When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of...
  10. Computer does not power on, needs several button presses

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not power on, needs several button presses: My Dell running Windows 10 will not turn back on after shutdown. I press the power button and the keyboard lights come on, but that is all. No logo, no words of any kind. Just blank screen. I have to press the power button, turning off and on the computer, as many as three...