Windows 10: Computer won’t turn on.

Discus and support Computer won’t turn on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently this week my computer has been having some issues. 1. My user account wouldn’t login (still can’t) 2. Now windows won’t even load the sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DanielTheHyper, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Computer won’t turn on.

Recently this week my computer has been having some issues. 1. My user account wouldn’t login (still can’t) 2. Now windows won’t even load the sign in screen.

I have files I need to backup!

The other day, for my account. It said user account failed to load and now is stuck on a preparing windows loop. Other accounts would work but now it won’t turn on.

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/DanielTheHyper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DanielTheHyper, Aug 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 won’t boot

Hi Tanner,

For us to properly isolate the looping issue with your Windows 10, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For possible resolution, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 9, 2020
  3. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer won’t turn on.

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer won’t turn on.

1. Computer won’t turn on. - Similar Threads - Computer won’t turn

2. Computer won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won’t turn on: When I turn my computer on, it says hibernating and turns back off. A small light on my laptop is blinking white then red. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-turn-on/c5cd2098-ae3f-4cef-929d-b06ecbfa3695
  3. Computer won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t turn on: When I turn my computer on, it says hibernating and turns back off. A small light on my laptop is blinking white then red. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-turn-on/c5cd2098-ae3f-4cef-929d-b06ecbfa3695
  4. Computer won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why won’t my Computer turn on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my Computer turn on?: If you turn off Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and Microsoft Ac Adpater and wait to long will your computer stop working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-computer-turn-on/a7b9386c-37bd-4a3c-b528-3de86b6aa9fb
  6. Computer won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t turn on: I brought a pre-built and suddenly when I press the power button, it doesn’t turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-turn-on/ed26533a-8c03-4df8-86f0-076dd5d8bd8b
  7. Computer won’t turn on

Computer won’t turn on: I brought a pre-built and suddenly when I press the power button, it doesn’t turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-turn-on/ed26533a-8c03-4df8-86f0-076dd5d8bd8b
  8. My computer won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t turn on: Hello I was trying to update my windows 11 laptop and there was 2 updates i started the update and suddenly there was a big red text above saying don’t turn of the computer and my fans were going crazy like really loud and I turned off the computer and thought it was a virus...
  9. My computer won’t turn on

My computer won’t turn on: Hello I was trying to update my windows 11 laptop and there was 2 updates i started the update and suddenly there was a big red text above saying don’t turn of the computer and my fans were going crazy like really loud and I turned off the computer and thought it was a virus...
  10. My computer won’t turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer won’t turn on: I have a issue when i turn on my computer the lights turn on for a second then turn off and it make a little bleep noise this happend after my computer randomly turned off. I think it is c virus but have not installed anything recently...