Windows 10: Computer won't wake from Sleep.

Discus and support Computer won't wake from Sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JimGalligan, May 13, 2020.

1. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity light blinks some. That' as far as it gets. The power light stays on, the fans stay on and that's it, The monitor does not come on. All I can do is hold the power button and shut it down and then restart. The only way I can keep it going is to set sleep to never.

I have been going crazy with this for several days so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JimGalligan, May 13, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, May 13, 2020
  3. Peeg Win User
    computer won't wake up from sleep...

Im running windows 7 and whenever i put the computer to sleep and try to wake it I get blue screen of death or the computer would just restart. It sometimes would wake but would get BSOD after a couple of minutes. other times the computer wakes up but the screen stays black and i would have to reset.

Specs:
    990fxa ud3 from gigabyte
    antec 500w psu
    FX8350 CPU
    Asus r9 280x
    4gb ram
    250 gb hdd

4. John Sarc Win User

Computer won't wake from Sleep.

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer won't wake from Sleep.

1. Computer won't wake from Sleep. - Similar Threads - Computer won't wake

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  4. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP computer won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP computer won't wake from sleep: This is the second occasion that my computer has had problems not waking up after going to sleep. I press the keyboard and mouse, and nothing works. It stopped working after I deleted/updated windows 10 to windows 11 on my computer. I’ve changed power settings, I’ve used the...
  6. HP computer won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP computer won't wake from sleep: This is the second occasion that my computer has had problems not waking up after going to sleep. I press the keyboard and mouse, and nothing works. It stopped working after I deleted/updated windows 10 to windows 11 on my computer. I’ve changed power settings, I’ve used the...
  7. Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.

Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.: The common 'Warnings' I see in event viewer are: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_B58E&PID_9E84&MI_03&Col02\7&138e2f98&0&0001. & at the 'error' level: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  8. Computer Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, Recently, my PC won't awaken from being asleep. When it's asleep and I press the power button, the fans all spin up (sounds like max rpm), but no display. This means I have to hold the power button to restart it. I have tried updating all the drivers but to no avail -...
  9. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...
  10. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep: Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby. If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am...